How do you make your skin smooth and flawless?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
pls. share your beauty secrets!

11.gif

Smooth and flawless ? makeup
biggrin.gif

Lol, more seriously, wash your face regularly (technically in the morning, and at night to remove makeup, pollution etc...), scrub but not too often (i do it every 2 weeks, with baking soda), masks to deep clean your skin (i use clay), a moisturizer that's for your skintype and suits your needs, sunscreen.

And then makeup primer (helps especially for the big pores you might have), and foundation, i think nobody can avoid completely the occasional zit.

Another thing that plays a role, eat healthy, and drink enough water.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Smooth and flawless ? makeup
biggrin.gif

Lol, more seriously, wash your face regularly (technically in the morning, and at night to remove makeup, pollution etc...), scrub but not too often (i do it every 2 weeks, with baking soda), masks to deep clean your skin (i use clay), a moisturizer that's for your skintype and suits your needs, sunscreen.

And then makeup primer (helps especially for the big pores you might have), and foundation, i think nobody can avoid completely the occasional zit.

Another thing that plays a role, eat healthy, and drink enough water.

dito.gif

Also, try using Colorescience Line Tamer. It's fantastic!

for me it´s all about getting my skintone even. I don´t have acne anymore, thanks to my birth control pill. I am currently using a brightening cream (Rx for brown skin brightening moisturizer or something along those lines...they always have such long names) and just recently started using Retin-A to help with the mild hyperpigmentation and as an anti-ageing regimen.

And: Sunscreen!!!

I don't wear foundation any more thanks to the huge improvement in my skin tone and texture. My secrets are glycolic acid, EpidermxII microdermabrasion and Silkia camellia oil. I can't say my skin is flawless, but it's very smooth and best of all, it glows everyday, seriously. Many a time I have people comment on how good my skin looks. I never even dreamed it was possible a few years back.
laughing.gif

Origins Modern Friction is a godsend. Absolutely some of the best stuff out there. Once or twice a week, and it sloughs off all the gross stuff, keeping my skin so super soft and almost perfect. I couldn't live without it!

I would have to say a good gentle scrub, a moisturizer that is not too oily or thick for your skin needs, foundation primer, and a good coverage concealer. I never knew before, but it is good to have more than one shade of concealer, this and primer helps to have the flawless look whether you wear tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation or even powder!

OCM, Microfiber face cloth and water to remove MMU and exfoliate gently. Then I slather any one of the following under my eyes and forehead before going to bed: vaseline, coconut oil (the nice stuff)l, vitamin E oil, emu oil, shea butter or whatever takes my fancy. It doesn't really make much of a difference as long as I have plenty on. Enough oil to keep my eyelashes conditioned too. I do change my pillowcases often and boil them clean. I think it helps too in keeping my face free of acne.

Washing my face every morning and before I go to bed in the evening.

Exfoliation a couple of times each week, then I slather on coconut oil on my face and neck.

Remember to wear a sunscreen everyday. Moisturizer at night.

I also only wear mineral makeup now. That has really improved my skin.

washing face in morning and night (no lazy nights where you dont take it off!)

exfoliating

wearing tinted moisturizer, rather than foundation all the time. this is new for me, and i am still searching for the perfect TM, but i have found my pores to be less clogged now..

Exfoliate, Mask and Moisturize and Sunscreen!

IMO homemade masks work better than the store bought stuff! I usually mask every other night. Eggwhites work wonders for silky smooth skin. Eggwhites, bananas, avocados, honey, yogurt, oatmeal, grapes, apples, tomatos and essential oils like frankenciense, rosewood and chamomile...just to name a few.

Avon Magix primer spf 20 works wonderfully for me as well.

Exfoliating alone has helped a lot in smoothing my face and making it brighter.

I'm just blessed with great skin. I exfoliate once ever two weeks... but not really more than that. I use all Mario Badescu products. I am in love with everything I buy from them.

Originally Posted by aaizf /img/forum/go_quote.gif washing face in morning and night (no lazy nights where you dont take it off!)exfoliating

wearing tinted moisturizer, rather than foundation all the time. this is new for me, and i am still searching for the perfect TM, but i have found my pores to be less clogged now..

As i could not find any here yet, I made my own tinted moisturizer, works like a charm. get ur mineral foundation, mix it with your moisturizer to get that color you want, add some sun block lotion and voila! amazing!!try it.

I may be stabbed... though I hit the genes jackpot. I'm one of those 'lucky' ones that has a flawless complexion. I maintain it with good skincare, plenty of water and fish oil!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I may be stabbed... though I hit the genes jackpot. I'm one of those 'lucky' ones that has a flawless complexion. I maintain it with good skincare, plenty of water and fish oil!
we.gif
eviltongue.gif
we.gif
eviltongue.gif
we.gif
laughs.gif

I used to have a flawless complexion until I messed up my health. Now all I have are leftover blemishes but I'm taking care of them (they're visibly disappearing) and then I'll have my flawless face again
smile.gif
I'm finally maintaining a good skincare system and it's working.

I use that Wexler anti-acne system (you can buy it at Bath & Body Works). I had acne for a long time and nothing else really worked besides this.
smile.gif

Alpaha Hydroxy Acid toner with at least 5 to 10% strength and exfoliating microfiber cloth. I also had bad acne and for 3 months have used acne soap, mask, scrub, toner and powder for night by earthen glow minerals. my face is clear now for first time in many years.

Latest posts

Back