Warning for all tightliners! Your never gonna believe what my doc told me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound weird, but I have been sick as a dog this past week. I have laryngitis and went to the doc on Wednesday, well she gave me some Rx's and told me to rest. She then asked if I had any ?'s and I asked her about something that has been occuring for years.

Sometimes when I blow my nose or spit, I'll see black spots. At first this freaked me out, I thought it might have some lung disease. But since I was never bothered and I thought nothing of it. When the doc asked me if I had any ?'s. I asked her about the black spots. She said that it is eyeliner that goes into my tearducks, through my sinuses, and finally out my nose. I was freakishly horrified, she said it causes no problems though and not to worry about it.

Supposely it takes quite a while for this to start happening, so to any tightliners out there. Have you had similar experiences?

I actually had the same thing happen to me quite often years ago and couldn't imagine what it could be!! so I went to the DR and sure enough that's what she told me it was, I was kinda weirded out about it lol, but I still won't give up my eyeliner lol

Reminded me of those people who suck up milk through their nose and squirt it through their eyes. I've never had that happen to me before. Glad it's not something serious.

it doesnt come out my nose, but i will notice like a day later if i tear up at all or get sleep winkys they are black.

on the note of doctors warnings, make sure you use something gentile and oil free when you tight line i was using mac fluid line for the longest time to tight line and i ended up getting a stye because it cloged all the pores near my lashline.

Haha, that's pretty cool. Is it weird that I think that?

If I ever have black mucus then it's because I've been next to a burning candle for ages. I used to love falling asleep with my giant candle on next to me just listening to music but inevitably I'd wake up to BLACK. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

arrrgh thats soooo weird!!! lol

i don't really tightline because it tickles me too much lol but every now and then i'll do my bottom lids. i have found though that the mucus (or sleepy dust lol) in the corners of my eyes is often black from my liquid liner. but that's only at the end of a day of wearing liquid liner all day and it just gathers at the corner.

wow does this apply to those who just do the bottom? Ive never had this happen but wow umm i guess i wont learn to tightline the top lashes LOL

It's happened to me, but I don't worry about it. All that stuff is connected. It's never caused me any problems.

I'm not much of a tightliner, but I have had this happen before. I usually wear quite heavy mascara/eyeliner, so I don't find it to be a surprise that I sometimes find residue if I blow my nose. I will say though, you should never actually line over your tear duct, you can cause infections and block them, and the only way to fix that is with a needle straight into the tear duct! Ouch!

Lol, I've always wondered what that was when I spit. I convinced myself it was dirt we inhale throughout the day.

That always happens to me when my allergies kick in or I'm sick. Depending on the eyeshadow too. Sometimes I blow my nose and have fuschia boogers ha ha!

Doesn't surprise me. All that stuff is connected. Won't stop me, though.

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's happened to me, but I don't worry about it. All that stuff is connected. It's never caused me any problems. LOL! I saw your post after I left mine. Great minds think alike!
rockwoot.gif

Back