Solution for "Mature Women" forum ???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I may have just seen something that could be a/the solution for having a "Mature Women" forum. I just read a post from FeistyFemmehttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/member.php?u=95 (Erica) and she has her statics as a signature. NEAT idea
icon_idea.gif
!!! That would be a good way for others to know who, how old, what color eyes and hair, and what type of skin the person has who is posting about a technique, kind of makeup, etc., that they are posting about.

What do you think? I just edited my signature to have those in it. GREAT idea Erica!!!

Good idea Shirley, I'll do the same!!

Originally Posted by godfreygirl I may have just seen something that could be a/the solution for having a "Mature Women" forum. I just read a post from FeistyFemmehttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/member.php?u=95 (Erica) and she has her statics as a signature. NEAT idea
icon_idea.gif
!!! That would be a good way for others to know who, how old, what color eyes and hair, and what type of skin the person has who is posting about a technique, kind of makeup, etc., that they are posting about.
What do you think? I just edited my signature to have those in it. GREAT idea Erica!!!

Originally Posted by Naturally Good idea ...changed my signature also! Groovy chick! I'm loving the 49 years YOUNG part *giggles* I honestly think of you as the same age as me when we talk

There seems to be lots of interest so i think we should go for it.. Maybe wait til you get back from your hols and have time
biggrin.gif

Hi GROOOOOVY chick! I know EXACTLY how you feel. The same thing happens to me when I'm asked how old I am....and HEY......I'm 62!! But, just like you said, I don't FEEL or ACT like 62 at all. All of my friends are younger and I feel closer to their age. So, I just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone with your feelings. I also LOVE coming here and seeing all the 'young gals' in their pretty makeup and trying the tips on myself (for my guy.....
icon_smile.gif
) OH.......and I have a friend who lives in Wilmington, Delaware.....but I don't know what the part you have in your signature that says (slower lower). Is that an area in Delaware??

Have a great day and keep on being that groooovy, young chick! We may get older because of our birthdays, but it's ONLY a NUMBER. We ARE as young as we feel.
claps.gif

Yes Uncle Tony, we do still want the mature woman forumx

ps, I am so excited. Imagine if we could have a face of the day and dare to be challenges.How AMAZING would that be??!!!! I would want to be a big contender.

I think it would make us older women feel more confident about taking part in the face of the day etc.

Originally Posted by Pauline Yes Uncle Tony, we do still want the mature woman forumx
ps, I am so excited. Imagine if we could have a face of the day and dare to be challenges.How AMAZING would that be??!!!! I would want to be a big contender.

I think it would make us older women feel more confident about taking part in the face of the day etc.

Pauline i'd LOVE to see you posting your FOTD's and entering the D2B's in the forums & i'm sure others would too but why cant you post them in the regular forum. That way we can all learn from what you do & use etc.. That's what the FOTD forums are about

Originally Posted by Laura Pauline i'd LOVE to see you posting your FOTD's and entering the D2B's in the forums & i'm sure others would too but why cant you post them in the regular forum. That way we can all learn from what you do & use etc.. That's what the FOTD forums are about Well to be honest Laura, i would feel embarrassed and a bit shy compared to all the young beautiful girls on here AND i myself am just starting to get into looking half decent after being depressed and indoors for years,.maybe when i get Back to myself' i will feel more confident.I am getting there slowly but surely.I think ime going through some kind of PRE mid life crisis! Worrying about the future and getting older.

OH.....I think I know what you mean.....but all I could find for the definition of "lemmings" was a furry animal.
icon_biggrin.gif
But....about the MAC MU......I STILL have none. I can't afford it. I get "MU envy" when I see all the RAVES about it. I have had a home-based business for the last 15 years and, although it's successful, it still doesn't allow me to 'splurge' on anything like that. SO......I'm going to have to stumble along with the drugstore stuff that I CAN afford. I'm sure with some practice though that I can get some of the looks the girls have.......I'm going to try!!

OH.......NOW I see what the "slower lower" means. I sort of thought it was something like that. I also think you're right about the "Mature Women Forum" being sort of a skincare area. That's the biggest difference I think about our different needs from the younger girls. The makeup thing we can copy.......sort of. I DO have to watch though. I can look like a 'clown' with some of it when I wouldn't have when I was much younger. Have you ever had that problem with trying some of the looks??

Yes, i find some of the looks difficult to re create as our faces are not such a blank canvas (especially me with my dark cricles) and i do find that with makeup nowadays less is definaltey more if you know what i mean.Though it would be good to try and up the makeup factor a bit.I am going to try some Mac makeup (i am looking for a pink lip gloss) and a good foundation.

Originally Posted by Naturally ROFLMAO ..yeah ...that's what lemmings are Shirley! They are also what these gals can create.
Yes ..skincare is definitely different ..we usually have those wrinkles the younger ones are trying to avoid from ever getting (fact of life ..most likely they will happen...ESPECIALLY if you are/were a sunworshipper!)

OH indeed ..can't do some of the same techniques ..but we can come close ..and yes ..if we aren't careful ..we can INDEED look like clowns ..with prune faces underneath! I'm sure there are some that have said things behind my back ..that I don't dress my age ..or I don't wear appropriate mu for my age ..well poo on them!
icon_lol.gif
I do what I like and what works for me!

Our canvas isn't that much different actually ..from what I've seen/read here. There are many other gals (younger ones actually) that have dark circles or not so clear complexions. That is what's NICE about this site ..we CAN find solutions to those issues ...mold them to our distinct needs/requirements and put them to use!

I feel more human now
wink.gif

Hi Pauline. I hear ya, but unfortunately, we have a democracy here on MUT with the admins/mods...you should know this as a former mod here. Right now, we all don't see the need for a ton of new forums to cause users to scroll and scroll and scroll their lives away. I recommend just joining up into some of the others and have some fun
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline

Yes Uncle Tony, we do still want the mature woman forumx

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi Pauline. I hear ya, but unfortunately, we have a democracy here on MUT with the admins/mods...you should know this as a former mod here. Right now, we all don't see the need for a ton of new forums to cause users to scroll and scroll and scroll their lives away. I recommend just joining up into some of the others and have some fun
wink.gif
Will do Tony!

alright I think I added this info to my signature. I guess this post is the test. Drum roll please........................

Originally Posted by karrieann alright I think I added this info to my signature. I guess this post is the test. Drum roll please........................ round of applause!!!!!!
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

It worked. Woo Hoo

Latest posts

Back