Your Favorite Brand Brushes 101

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a little new to this mineral makeup thing and was looking for your input on your favorite brushes in terms of brand of brush and use? If you use one brush for multiple tasks please indicate that as well.

Example:

Foundation Brush: I use Mac 182 but I am considering a flat brush

Flat brush: I dont have one but might consider it?

Blush: Bobbi Brown Power brush

Concealer: Bare Escentuals concealer brush

Bronzer: I do not have a brush for this because I do not use bronzer

Eyes: This alone tends to have multiple brushes but I ended up buying an eye and face set at Sephora since I dont use eye make up on a daily basis.

a. Lid -

b. Contour -

c. Crease -

All Other Brushes: If I did not list a particular brush that covers a certain task please list and indicate brand and use.

Tks so much!

Christine

I have the forever female short handled flat top which I love and both the flat top kabuki and normal kabuki from EDM and think their both great for different reasons. EDM kabuki for putting primer on. flat top for foundation. Also have the lumiere brushes from the pre buy which I do like but not as much as I thought I would. but I have a mineral make up obsession. Also looking at adesign brushes because i've heard good things about them.

Lumiere dual eye brush is fantastic.

I use several Lowe Cornell brushes from Michael's Craft Store.
sheep.gif

They r cheaper than most brands, and have a pretty good quality.

Feels super soft on yr face too
rockwoot.gif

I have to recommend EDM brushes. They are awesome!! I use the flat top brush for my foundation, the long handle kabuki for my blush, eye shadow brush and eye kabuki for eyes, and I am in the process of ordering an angled blush brush, so I will tell you how that one is when I get it. I had some other brushes but they do not compare to these. The application is so much better.

For foundation I actually prefer Image Essentials red cleansing sponge (found at Kmart) 2 for $1.50-- I each into a 1/4 wedge and apply my mmu foundation damp. Gives such skin-like results.

For blush my favorites are from this set I found at Christmas time in the aisle with things like bath sets, perfume sets etc for the holiday. Just the three great blush/powder brushes I got in the set made it worthy of the $15 price tag and got all kinds of eye/concealer etc brushes. Brand doesn't matter but feel does to me-- I always go with super soft fluffy synthetic brushes for blush. I've found some good ones from Got UB Urban at T J Maxx for under $5. Ecotools also has a nice one.

For glow/illuminator I like any fiber optic. Lumiere has some good ones.

Eye brushes--

all over- especially shimmery minerals Sonia Kashuk blender (the curvy handle one) is my absolute favorite... worth the extra few dollars over the white handled version. SO soft and makes blending minerals effortless.

I have a large collection of MAC brushes and these are for the most part all that I use.

I purchased my first complete set of brushes from Sebastian in 1985 and aside from the worn out handles they are still going strong. These brushes are incredible and I seriously wonder if they even make such a durable brush anymore!!!

I believe they are sable or mink...not sure.

I think I'm do for a new set but these babies have been through alot with me.

I have a slew of MAC, Bobby Brown, EDM, Forever Female, Lumiere, Coastal Scents, Sonia Kashuk and lots of odds and ends from drugstores but my favorites the Forever Female Long Handled Flat Top Bronzer for applying foundation, the Short handled for finishing powders. I'm flexible on how and what I use for everything else.

Latest posts

Back