That time again - what self tanner do you LOVE???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, in about a week I will be going away for the weekend and baring my legs. I need a really good self-tanner (preferably one I can buy in a store and not need to order online). Any suggestions? They seem to come out with new ones every year so I am looking to some avid users to point me in the right direction with the newest and the best.

Help a poor, pale, veiny girl out!!!!
frown.gif

Thanks everyone!

I really like xen-tan. I've been using it for about a year and wouldn't switch to anything else. It has an olive undertone to it which means it can't turn you orange because there's no orange colour in it. I'm pretty pale naturally and it gives me a nice natural dark tan. Don't know where it would be available though, I always get mines online.

I've used fake bake in the past though which works nicely too and is more widely available I think but I'd still say I prefer xen-tan.

Originally Posted by vesna /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like xen-tan. I've been using it for about a year and wouldn't switch to anything else. It has an olive undertone to it which means it can't turn you orange because there's no orange colour in it. I'm pretty pale naturally and it gives me a nice natural dark tan. Don't know where it would be available though, I always get mines online.I've used fake bake in the past though which works nicely too and is more widely available I think but I'd still say I prefer xen-tan.

Ok, so I am in the US. Where can I buy this stuff?????
smile.gif

I really don't know where it's available in the US. You can get it from Sunless Tanning and Self Tanning Lotion by Xen-Tan :: #1 Choice of Celebrities but seeing as you'd rather not order it online I'm not much help really. Hopefully someone in the US will be able to help you out with that. It really is a fantastic product if you can get your hands on it.

As far as fake bake is concerned, I think you can get it at places like sephora.

I'm super pale and the best self tanner I've ever used is Famous Dave's self tanner. It's a weird name I know. You can only buy it online or on ebay though unfortunately. It works the best, isn't orange and gives me a nice tan that isn't crazy for my normally fair skin. I use the fair formula but they have a regular one too.

I haven't found any in the stores that I like as well!

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm super pale and the best self tanner I've ever used is Famous Dave's self tanner. It's a weird name I know. You can only buy it online or on ebay though unfortunately. It works the best, isn't orange and gives me a nice tan that isn't crazy for my normally fair skin. I use the fair formula but they have a regular one too.
I haven't found any in the stores that I like as well!

Tried it, returned it, didn't do anything for me!

Oh that's a shame. I guess mileage varies per person on all these things. Hope you can find something you love!

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh that's a shame. I guess mileage varies per person on all these things. Hope you can find something you love! Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like fake bake. Can you buy it in stores or do you need to order it online?
Is it a cream, gel, mousse?

You can buy fake bake in stores in the UK so I'm sure you'd be able to get in the US too without having to go online. The only fake bake formula I've tried is the cream/lotion one but they do spray, gel and mousse formulations.

Back