What is short/long hair to you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll pick up a magazine, click a link, or look at a profile of someone that says they have "really long hair" and it's barely Bra Strap Level! I'm all huh?

So what is short, mid length, long and really long to all of you?

short = ~chin length and shorter

Mid = around shoulder

long = starts about BSL

really long = at least past waist

okay here is how i clasify hair

Short: above chin length

Medium: between chin length and shoulder length

Long: bellow the shoulders

Extra long: anything longer than armpit length

Short=hair that just covers the neck

Medium=shoulder length to almost on top of my boob area lol

Long=anything in the boob area to the rib cage

Extra long=anything beyond rib cage

This is just how I associate with my hair. I prefer long hair that is technically extra long lol

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Short=hair that just covers the neckMedium=shoulder length to almost on top of my boob area lol

Same for me!

Short - Shoulder length or higher

Medium - Past shoulder but before bsl

Long - BSL to hip

Extra Long - Anythjing you can sit on

Originally Posted by noir sakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif extra long - anythjing you can sit on ha!
biggrin.gif

I think hair stylists tend to have slightly different definitions for this than the average person. Most hairstylists that I've met tend to go by orangeyecrayon's definitions. And the average person tends to go by Adrienne's.

I tend to like my hair to hit just below the boobs, but the hairstylists that I've met have always wanted to cut my hair shorter than that. Armpit length at most.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Short=hair that just covers the neckMedium=shoulder length to almost on top of my boob area lol

This is just how I associate with my hair. I prefer long hair that is technically extra long lol

Same here! I would love to grow my hair to extra long length, but I don't know if I can take the weight of all that hair. My hair is quite thick.

My defonition has changed. I used to have butt length hair, and now I have a pixie cut. Right now to me...

short - pixie cuts

medium - chin length

long - shoulder length

extra long - BSL and longer

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same here! I would love to grow my hair to extra long length, but I don't know if I can take the weight of all that hair. My hair is quite thick. It can be quite annoying tbh lol. I'd imagine it'd be even harder for you as you have curly hair. Mine is pretty thick and I always have it up. I have to constantly buy new rubberbands as they get stretched out so easily. Washing it is a pain in the butt too. Literally, I have to put it over my shoulders in the shower or I can get a hair thong
laughing.gif

I tried having it down not too long ago and since I work on a computer all day, it got all staticky and poufy. I kept shocking my self lol.

Short : chin length and above

Medium : chin to shoulders

Long : past the shoulder blades

Very long : when it has reached the waist.

I find all the lengths of hair confusing! My hair is past my shoulders and just below my armpit, so I guess that means I have long hair - but it doesn't seem long to me!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same here! I would love to grow my hair to extra long length, but I don't know if I can take the weight of all that hair. My hair is quite thick. Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif It can be quite annoying tbh lol. I'd imagine it'd be even harder for you as you have curly hair. Mine is pretty thick and I always have it up. I have to constantly buy new rubberbands as they get stretched out so easily. Washing it is a pain in the butt too. Literally, I have to put it over my shoulders in the shower or I can get a hair thong
laughing.gif
I tried having it down not too long ago and since I work on a computer all day, it got all staticky and poufy. I kept shocking my self lol.

The weight isn't bad for me, but I could be used to it? My hair is med-thick last I measured. Of course since your hair is so curly for it to actually appear to be say waist it would actually be classic! I have some curl but not as much as you! The hair band stretching is annoying! But I usually use hair sticks When you put it in a pony imagine trying to keep it tight/right spot while pulling all that hair through lol

Maybe you need more hair product for the static/poof?

I don't mind the hair thong myself, it's clean in there lol! Of course my hair may not be as long as yours where it goes ALL the way down

My goal is classic and see how I like it.. I've been at TB forever!

I love having long hair so the pros totally outweigh the cons - but I do still have those days when my hair drives me nuts

Originally Posted by SearMeCarefully /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll pick up a magazine, click a link, or look at a profile of someone that says they have "really long hair" and it's barely Bra Strap Level! I'm all huh?
So what is short, mid length, long and really long to all of you?

short = ~chin length and shorter

Mid = around shoulder

long = starts about BSL

really long = at least past waist

Are you looking at a guy's magazine, or is editor having some problem with his/her vision?
lol.gif

LOL WELl to me Normally everyones hair is short lol heres what i think

Short=shoulder length & up

Med- Mid back

Long -Lower than Mid back &

Super long- (MINE lol) & longer My hair Is 3 inches past my but so To me its super long lol

I Had my brother measure my hair about a month ago & it was 36 1/2 inches long

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL WELl to me Normally everyones hair is short lol heres what i think
Short=shoulder length & up

Med- Mid back

Long -Lower than Mid back &

Super long- (MINE lol) & longer My hair Is 3 inches past my but so To me its super long lol

I Had my brother measure my hair about a month ago & it was 36 1/2 inches long

i would love to have your hair!
mines like about 16 inches long,which is super short to some people,but yeah i always have my trusty extensions
brsh.gif

In my point of view

Short: between ear lope and chin length

Medium: below chin level to shoulder length

Long: Below shoulder level

You can find all type of hair style in the below website.

Gallery

Short - anything down to chin length

Medium - chin length to shoulder length

Long - shoulder length to just below the boobs

Really long - anything past waist length

Short = shows some skin on the neck for a bit sexy look

Medium(normal) = just my normal hair, a little past the shoulder

Long = anything that goes longer than above

Back