What's the best straightener?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had the cheap ones like revlon and the more expensive ones like CHI & SEDU but I feel like they all have their flaws. My hair stylist uses a Hana flat iron and that was pretty sweet but I haven't seen any reviews.

Any suggestions?!

I use a 1" flat iron from sallys that is the "ion" brand that they sell.

i used to want a chi or ghd or sedu but i have been happy with this one for the past three years and plan to repurchase it once mine dies

I dont know if you can find it.. but I use "Toni & Guy" flat iron. also ion based. i just got it recently cuz my Braun one died after one month only!

so till now am more than happy with this one.

GHDs for me too, though my Mum just got some Corioliss ones that she swears by - apparently they put a really nice glossy sheen on her hair!

I have used soo many.. My favorites are:

Solia

Infrashine

Babyliss Nano

GHD

Sally GVP (this one rocks for the price.. amazing results)

Why don't you add a poll, I want see what's the most popular ones.
laughing.gif

I use Bumble And Bumble Straight. It really helps me straighten out my locks and a little goes a long way.

As i have natural curly hair, occasionally i like to straighten so the best ones that i have found for my hair are FUTORA wide irons.... They are brill if you have my type of hair

I have an Ionika/Cruise Collection straightener that I got from Marshall's for about $23. It works like a dream! It's really cute too -- pink and black zebra print. After I bought it, I looked it up online and retails for about $80-$90 so I think I got a really good deal. =)

I acutally use Conair Infinit hari straightener. It is from the drugstore, but my old roommate had one and it worked so well that I bought one. So far mine is three years old and still works perfectly.

Do NOT get a Bed Head. I just had a second one in less than a year and a half die on me. THe first one the on off switch broke and the second one started on fire this past sunday. Ugg and they worked well.

I lovelovelove my Karmin straightener. I have the g3 and it's amazing. I use it with pantene conditioner/bumble and bumble smoother and have zero frizz/flyaways, or curl for days until I wash it. how sweet is that?

GHD and CHI are about the same for me, except my CHI got stepped on *cough* and I don't feel like testing my GHD to see if it withstands a boyfriend's foot for comparison >.>

The differences between the cheap and expensive ones are:

ceramic plates, and higher more durable quality ceramic (cheaper ones sometimes only have a paint coating that wears out and can damage hair)

fast heat up (I remember my curling iron back in junior high would take 5 minutes before it was hot enough to make a curl and then would cool off by the time I was done with 2 or 3 curls, so it'd take over half an hour to curl my hair...my GHD heats up quick and stays hot until it auto-shuts down or I turn it off.

What flaws do you know about with the GHD and SEDU (that the cheaper ones don't also have)? just curious. The only thing I can think of is that the more expensive irons will get hotter which can cause more serious burns to the skin as well as easier heat damage to the hair, but at that point it's more about user technique than machine.

Back