My Faerie Makeup - pic heavy :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, ladies! I haven't been around in a while, sorry 'bout that - once I figured out what makeup was working for me, and got my techniques down, I sort of lost interest in talking about it
smile.gif

But I figured it would be cool to show you some of the stuff I've been doing with my makeup, most specifically my Faerie Eyes using Cory Brow Wax as a primer, and Cory and mostly Archetype Cosmetics pigments.

Purples (Cory Mystic, Archetype Black Dahlia, Salmagundi, and Gloomy Sunday):

l_c962a0616720b1e1c5a72ee5a0e3c6ec.jpg

Golds (Signature Terre Dark, Archetype archy, mehitabel, The Oak King):

l_74930618dc537fb909abba515cf29c3e.jpg

Greens (Cory Cinder, Sage, Gold Dust):

FairieFotoshoot2008206.jpg

Even better purples (Cory Mystic, Archetype Black Dahlia, Pixie Poop, Silk and Cyanide):

IMG_2180.jpg

And a blend of green and purple (Cory Cinder, Sage, Archetype Poison Pen, Conjunction, Angel Dust):

n1545094725_30261723_5286882.jpg

All of these were done over a wet application of Mineral Silk foundation, Joppa bronzer and finishing powder, and then a patted-on layer of Cory Brow Wax all over the eyelid and browbone and out past the corner of the eye, as far as I figured I wanted to be applying colors. The brow wax allowed me to really pile on the color, and helped the sparkle and shimmer stick nicely, and also allowed me to cover over the ends of my eyebrows as much as I needed to to get the pointy-eyebrow thing going
smile.gif
We've been having a lot of fun with the Archetype colors, as they are SOOO over-the-top and sparkly - she's still pretty slow to ship, but the wait is definitely worth it to me.

Just as a comparison, I've been using She Space primer for my everyday eye makeup application, and I can say that the Cory wax holds about twice the color and doesn't crease up as fast as the She Space primer. (I still go pretty over the top with my colors, even when out of faerie garb
wink.gif
)

I love the fact that one of the shadows is called "Pixie Poop". I have GOT to buy that. =P

I still stand by my assertion that Archetype is worth the wait. Their samples are only $.25 each, and quite generous! (I think that's why I don't have very many Fyrinnae samples - they're about $2 each!) And yeah, that Pixie Poop one just cracked me up - I told my twin-buddy about it when I was ordering last time, and he said "See? I told you that fae are made of sparkles!! I bet you'd even puke sparkles!" It's a gorgeous purple....I ended up ordering Conjunction instead, though, because I liked how it irridesces a pretty robin's-egg blue when I blended it with Poison Pen.

Faerie eyes are soooo much fun - it's like painting, only easier
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back