Name your long wearing mineral foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm tired of trying to keep my mineral makeup to last all day, the most that it last me is 4 to 5 hours.

I need help can you tell me which is you best longwearing foundation?

Any suggestions?

I personally use Everyday Minerals or Spell Cosmetics Harmony foundation. I find my EDM in the Intensive formulation lasts much longer but I love both to wear from morning through night.

Ginalinda I would ask you to try Cover Me foundation. This one lasts on me for a full day and longer with no touchups! This is even without primer. I have been disappointed with many mineral foundations but find this one to be quite truly in a league of it's own. I have quite oily skin and on humid days use the EGM oily skin primer. This extends the wear by preventing oily breakthough. This hands down works better than Smashbox, Laura Mercier, and Meow's but I will say that Meow's primer outperformed both Smashbox and Laura Mercier. I recently received freebies of primer by Adrienne Arpel and Laura Geller. Not likely to use again as the mineral primers actually outperform these and feel lighter on the face.

I'd say egminerals Cover Me is the longest wearing. I have oily skin and this one lasts all day flawlessly. I'd give a second to Cory's but it doesn't look as good on my skin as the Cover Me but it does have good coverage and sticks for hours. Third would probably be Joppa full coverage then Buff'd.

To make your foundation last longer try adding a Primer to your face before your foundation. The reason your foundation does not last is because there is no adhesion. Using a Primer like Coatal Scents, EDM, or any other will help make your foundation last all day long. Then add your foundation like EDM, Alima, Coastal Scents, and Lueur Jeune Out of all of those Lueur Jeune is my favorite. Also, to help seal it use a finishing powder. Hope this can help a little bit.

Originally Posted by sarahk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ginalinda I would ask you to try Cover Me foundation. This one lasts on me for a full day and longer with no touchups! This is even without primer. I have been disappointed with many mineral foundations but find this one to be quite truly in a league of it's own. I have quite oily skin and on humid days use the EGM oily skin primer. This extends the wear by preventing oily breakthough. This hands down works better than Smashbox, Laura Mercier, and Meow's but I will say that Meow's primer outperformed both Smashbox and Laura Mercier. I recently received freebies of primer by Adrienne Arpel and Laura Geller. Not likely to use again as the mineral primers actually outperform these and feel lighter on the face. I just received some cover me foundation and the oily primersamples. I have oily skin can you tell me whats your method to last all day ? Do you use moisterizer?

Thanks

Jane Iredale Purepressed foundation. When I wear this stuff, it doesn't budge!

You could also try applying it wet by spritzing your face and then buffing more after already applying the foundation initially.

joppa for me is not very long lasting and turns orange on me after a while..

For now, I can stand by my HG Lauress.. but Im really curious if EGM is really better in terms of coverage and lasting power.. I have yet to receive my samples and judge..

I have combo sensitive skin with very oily T-Zone and very dry cheeks (lucky me). And the better for me as to put a primer and a finishing powder. With these steps my foundation stay all day and it's more easy to apply.

My primer is the primer for dry skin from Fyrinnae (I put a very little), the finishing powder is the clear or the sunkissed from Fyrinnae, serecite mica from TKB, the pink one from SignatureMinerals. With the Fyrinnae stuff, I put little, a little more with the others brands, but all are good for me.

My foundation are the matte from Fyrinnae or the Glow or Intensive from EDM. And I used the EDM's brushes, the best in my opinion for the price and quality.

I used to use, Sheer cover, but i think lily lolo is much better makes my skin less dry! :] yet to try there eyeshadows yet though
lol.gif

I also had the same prob...but eventually fyrinnae, dreamworld works great for me..with primer too.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also had the same prob...but eventually fyrinnae, dreamworld works great for me..with primer too. Can you tell me what color do you use for fyrinnae?

My long wearing foundations are from EGM and Joppa, they last until I decide to take them off
arco.gif

Originally Posted by GINALINDA35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you tell me what color do you use for fyrinnae? Hi gina,
I am of medium to dark brown skin tone. I can use tigereye, hermamite, sp carnelian ( a rosy shade).

HTH.

Longest wearing foundation that I've used is Cover Me - EGM. I was surprised by how nice it looks on and how well it holds up. I've grown sceptical but I'd have to agree with the raves on Cover Me

Joppa lasts long too but doesn't look as nice as Cover Me. Kind of chalky on me.

Fyrinnae and Cory's are similar to each other and last well but I like the natural look of Cover Me.

Looking for the same thing so I cant tell you, but I CAN tell you- dont try Purr Minerals- stuff looks great but is completely gone by miday...sucks.

merle norman mineral foundation is my favorite

it comes in a large container you really do get alot . its around 30 after taxes and its lasted me more than 4 months so far and i still have more left.

Back