Help! how would you rank these minerals...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I've been looking around for the perfect mineral foundation for a while and I've tried EDM.. Joppa.. etc but they just don't cut it for me in terms of oil control and staying power. So I was wondering since I've been seeing a lot of raves for Meow, Lauress, EGM Cover Me, Buffd, and Joppa.. how would you rate them, #1 being the best of the best?

If possible, could you girls help suggest some possible shades for me as well? I think I ordered samples from EDM over 12 times and still can't find the right shade!!!

For reference I'm usually NC25 in winter, NC30 summer, in Dior Forever i'm 021 right now but will switch to 031 in summer, in UD Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup i'm Supernova, in Revlon Colorstay i'm Sand Beige. I hope you girls can help me!! I have pretty strong but not overly strong yellow undertones and my skin verges on being combo and oily but it's also sensitive! EDM breaks me out!

lovelovee.gif
Thank you so much if you read this!!

-Katie

EGM is def the best for me. I've tried all the other brands you listed. They're good but not as good as EGM for staying power and coverage in the summe.

EGM Cover Me is the best I've tried so far. It took me awhile to find my color but they worked with me sending free samples until I did and I would call Cover Me HG status foundation. I read someone said it doesn't look or last like mineral foundation and I assumed that to mean it lasts and looks better. I'd agree.

Lauress is good too but doesn't hold up as well as Cover Me by a long shot.

Joppa was good too but didn't look as nice as EGM or Lauress

Meow and EDM just weren't the same quality (imo) as EGM and Lauress

Buff'd was too chalky

For me, Joppa is the very best! I swear, I will be forever loyal to that MMU company. On me, the finish is beautiful: covers very well, yet looks like skin, not caked on foundation. So Joppa is no 1 for me.

EGM is also great, IMO it has a little less coverage and the finish isn't as great as Joppa's, but it's among my favorites nonetheless.

Buff'd isn't bad, but it's not among my favorites. I suspect that your skin is a bit oilier than mine, so it might be worth checking it out, I've heard many raves for Buff'd foundation from oily-skinned girls.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not that happy with Meow. The Purrr-fect Puss is ok for oil-control but provides very little coverage so I have to apply it wet. Not thrilled about that. The Flawless Feline offers greater coverage but the finish is so-so and the oil-control is non-existant for me.

Lauress, I haven't tried so I can't say anything about it.

Can't help you with color recommendations either, sorry.

as far as mineral foundation i've used bare essensials and halo from smash box and i have the same problem you have with sensitive skin and oily skin and with these two i havent had any of these problems and will continue useing these two products and as far as color I've gone to sophora and they've helped out on picking out the right shade for me.and for the powder foundation to stay on all day you should use a primer.hope to have helped you some how or another.

EGM is the best I've used so far from first sampling so many. I use both Cover Me and Youthful Glow. Cover Me is heavier and matte but looks so natural.

Joppa I didn't like it was to drying and powdery

Lauress is very nice and would be second best on the list.

Latest posts

Back