Breakouts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I been trying some mineral foundation samples. My skin is oily and acne prone. I want to give a try to mineral foundation due to liquid foundation turns cakey in the afternoon. I use mac foundation and to be honest, I'm very disappointed my skin have more acne and is more oily since i try mineral makeup. Whats going on ? Even Mac don't break me out .

I try so many Buff ,everyday minerals ,cory ,so many more.

Do you know any other ingredients that can cause breakout. I know bismuth but maybe is the silica or the serenite ? What you think ?

Mmm, silica is actually suppose to help you absorb the oils in your skin, so i don't think is silica but again everybody is different, now bismuth is more like it and serenite im not completly sure. Im glad to hear that m.a.c is working for you, because m.a.c breaks me out and the minerals are actually what keeps my skin clear. But no i don't know any other ingredients.

Too many oil absorbing ingredients can actually have the opposite effect. The skin's natural response it to produce more oil when the oils are being stripped or taken away from it.

Originally Posted by GINALINDA35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok I been trying some mineral foundation samples. My skin is oily and acne prone. I want to give a try to mineral foundation due to liquid foundation turns cakey in the afternoon. I use mac foundation and to be honest, I'm very disappointed my skin have more acne and is more oily since i try mineral makeup. Whats going on ? Even Mac don't break me out .
I try so many Buff ,everyday minerals ,cory ,so many more.

Do you know any other ingredients that can cause breakout. I know bismuth but maybe is the silica or the serenite ? What you think ?

Hummm, that's could be many things. Like the sun, do you wear sunscreen ? The germs in your brushes, do you clean your brushes ? You dailyroutine, what are your creams, gels ? Etc

For me, I have very bad acnee before, so I clean my brush everyday, and I clean my jars too. I changed my pillow everyday too, I clean my hands before I touch my face. I changed my creams for more natural products (they are better for me skin) I take the sensitive line for AubreyOrganics and I wear the sunscreen SPF25 every day (AubreyOrganics too). I don't eat dark chocolate because I have breakouts with it. I don't touch my spots (hard to resist). If I have a spot, I put a little of organic essential oils of tea tree. Etc etc

When you have a skin problem, you need to see your all routine of the day and nigth. Also your food etc etc

This is frustrating, I know, but after 1-2 years to find my "good" creams, sunscreen, makeup,my friends ask me which are my creams because my skin is gorgeous (for them, not for me^^).

My foundations : the matte from Fyrinnae. The Glow and intensive from EDM, the 0 and 1 from SignatureMinerals.

My primer : the primer for dry from Fyrinnae.

The Finishing powder : the clear or the sunkissed from Fyrinnae, the serecite mica from TKB, the pink one from SignatureMinerals.

The brushes : all the EDM and the 32S from MakeupForEver (it's take off the powder if I put to much).

hi..

when i discovered mineral makeup...i tot my prayers was answered but than I went through many months of breakouts even than i didn not resist from mineral makeup cos some of it really stands out. Now aft many months of struggle my face has healed and back to my normal skin. I am happy that I didnt give up cos I knew what I was using was worth it. Just continue to do your normal facial day to day...and eventually you will see a diff. Forget to mention..i was addicted to keep buying samples from various MM company and to try out all the diff foundation.

Dun give up you will find something eventually....good luck.

If you have oily skin, you have to avoid bismuth or sericite beause it will turn your skin into color gray. Oily skin dont need foundation with glow since your natural oil will give you a glow after few minutes or hours. You have to find a Mineral makeup with silica and more Magnesium Stearate. calcium carbonate is also what you need to look for on Mineral Ingredients.

We all have different type of skin. But most are allergic to Boron Nitride and that includes me. Some shimmering ingredient also gave me some breakout. Try to look for less ingredient so you can easily figure out which ingredients is causing your the breakout.

Maybe your skin just have had an overload with all the diff samples you have tried? I know that this have happened to me at times. Too much over a short time. Try to go (sort of) slowly even though i know how exiting it is to try out the diff samples. Good luck to you :)

Originally Posted by cosmeticaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you have oily skin, you have to avoid bismuth or sericite beause it will turn your skin into color gray. Oily skin dont need foundation with glow since your natural oil will give you a glow after few minutes or hours. You have to find a Mineral makeup with silica and more Magnesium Stearate. calcium carbonate is also what you need to look for on Mineral Ingredients.
We all have different type of skin. But most are allergic to Boron Nitride and that includes me. Some shimmering ingredient also gave me some breakout. Try to look for less ingredient so you can easily figure out which ingredients is causing your the breakout.

Which Foundation do you use ?

Originally Posted by GINALINDA35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Which Foundation do you use ? I used to use Mac but didnt work for me, then tried Loreal then start giving me pimples as well.
I tried Proactive and it work for me but I have to clean my face soon as I get home from work since it will give me blackhead or whitehead and they only have three color choices. I tried Sheer Mineral Foundation and I love it but during summer, my skin gets very oily. So I went back using Proactive. Its expensive which make me limit myself on using.

I also tried different Mineral Makeup online like Pure Anada, some are good but mostly making my skin looks very shiny and oily.

Until I learn how to make my own Mineral Makeup. Now I am happier that ever. Cheaper and more effective for me. It's been a hobby since then

Originally Posted by cosmeticaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to use Mac but didnt work for me, then tried Loreal then start giving me pimples as well.
I tried Proactive and it work for me but I have to clean my face soon as I get home from work since it will give me blackhead or whitehead and they only have three color choices. I tried Sheer Mineral Foundation and I love it but during summer, my skin gets very oily. So I went back using Proactive. Its expensive which make me limit myself on using.

I also tried different Mineral Makeup online like Pure Anada, some are good but mostly making my skin looks very shiny and oily.

Until I learn how to make my own Mineral Makeup. Now I am happier that ever. Cheaper and more effective for me. It's been a hobby since then

Do you have any foundations for oily ,acne skin? I want full coverage.

I have acne blemishes and I am happy with how it covers my blemishes.

During summer, I dont use any moisturizer before applying makeup. And it's pretty good on my skin for more than 6 hours. At parties, I bring my Matte Finsihing powder for retouching but I seldom use it. Only if I have to stay longer than 8 hours outside. I am working on oil control powder I will use for our summer vacation.

We all have different type of skin. I have a very sensitive skin. Just one use, I know if the products is not working for me. L'Oreal unbelievably gave me 2 pimples on the spot after two hours of using it. Some product will work for me for a couple of days and week, then will give some bad reaction after. It has to be accompanied by proper hygiene. So far, I am happy with my own Mineral Makeup. As for signature makeup purposes, I guess I can recommend Sheer and Afterglow Mineral Makeup for sensitive skin. But for oily skin, Proactive is good and my own of course..lols...

Fortunately I have some background in web programming. So I thought of selling some to my friends to break even my expenses on my Mineral Makeup and Natural Cosmetic addiction...lols.. My friends and relative love it so, I thought of creating a webstore and hoping to make a serious business from it. Basically, all my products on my webstore are my hobby in Natural Cosmetics.

Boron Nitride and Magnesium Stearate break me out. Bismuth OxyCo makes me itch. Foundations that don't cause me any problems usually have less in them.

Ones that never cause me problems are EGM, Cory's, Monave. I like EGM best and usually wear Cory's only sometimes now in winter.

We all have different kind of skin, so it's good to try samples with lee ingredients so you can easily know which ingredients is causing you som bad reactions.

I first tried Bare Mineral foundation and it was so bad for my skin. I gave up on mineral foundation for a long time. A few months ago I started ordering samples again. Some I had luck with and some not. Once I broke out bad from a foundations and tried another right after it. I thought both were bad but later tried the second again and it turned to be ok for my skin. Sometimes you have to try a second time but I try to wait 1-2 weeks between new foundations to really give 1 a chance.

I can't use silica on my face at all (undereyes are ok). I have acne prone skin and cloggs my pores :/

Originally Posted by Dawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I first tried Bare Mineral foundation and it was so bad for my skin. I gave up on mineral foundation for a long time. A few months ago I started ordering samples again. Some I had luck with and some not. Once I broke out bad from a foundations and tried another right after it. I thought both were bad but later tried the second again and it turned to be ok for my skin. Sometimes you have to try a second time but I try to wait 1-2 weeks between new foundations to really give 1 a chance. Have you tried calcium carbonate? It's very good oil control. You can also try sercite treated with carnauba wax

Quote:
then tried Loreal then start giving me pimples as well. L'oreal gave me million on pimples and im not acne prone, its was the bismuth oxychloride that was in it.

I agree with the treated micas suggestion, if you are sensitive to mica, the treated ones can help, because they are coated. Pay attention to the ingredients, everyone is different and can have a reaction to certain ingredients. Some of the most problematic are mica, silicas(includes anything ending in "cone" like dimethicone)magnesium stearate, bismuth, silk. But also try a synthetic brush. Some are sensitive to the natural hair brushes, I switched to a synthetic and love it much more.

Cosmetic addict - try the walmart brand that's like proactive. It's called Acnefree. It's 19.99 for 3 bottles. Read the reviews on Amazon it works for me. I also found that Bare Minerals broke my face out along with several others. Jane Iredale minerals works great with my skin even though it's expensive. I recently tried another mineral line and it looks horribly cakey on me. I tried everything to make it look bettter and nothing works so yesterday I try Jane Iredale again because I forgot how beautiful it makes my skin look. The compact foundation is the smoothest in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back