What would you guys do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am a beginner when it comes to mineral make up. So far the only brands I tested Anika (Australian brand - expensive to buy) and EDM samples.

I know many people start out with EDM and smaple differet companies, I am just abit overwhelmed coz all I have been doing is reading these forums and researching.

So I guess my question is: do I need to sample from all these of these brands eg, Meow, Lauress, Silk .... EGM

what would you guys do? I am so confused and I think I need to find out my HG before the end of the year, coz I am getting married then...

thank you muchly

I don't think it's necessary to sample foundation from all possible companies. I suggest you sample until you find something you like and stick with it.

I think the only way to find your hg is by researching and testing out the samples. A mineral foundation that works well for someone, might not work that way for another person. I hope you find what your looking for.

Originally Posted by iammakeupaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think it's necessary to sample foundation from all possible companies. I suggest you sample until you find something you like and stick with it. I agree.. you don't need to try all brands. I test 3-5 and see how that goes.

I agree. You can search our forums for those who have the same skin type and see what is more recommended and test those. I never bought from companies that didn't offer samples of mmu as that, imo, is someone who is just trying to make a quick buck. Plus I don't have the money to buy full sized products only to have to return them. I would test and trial til I find what I like.

I think the same.

I make a search here and I find my HG products (by chance), I buy samples of Fyrinnae foundations in matte and this is my HG stuff. So, buy only samples, and if you like it, voilà, you find your HG
smile.gif

For EDM, I recommand their face brushes, I love them and for a mineral foundation, for me, I need a face primer (mineral or chemical, I prefer mineral, but it's your taste) and a finishing powder, this step make a enormous difference for the stay and the application (in my case).

I would try 3-5 either.. after ALL I chosed 3 foundations that works for me.

and I tried a lot!!!

I tried samples from so many and found 2 companies that are great for me. EDM and Meow I didn't like but tried them. I like Lauress and love EGM. For me this is HG foundation but I would not have found if I didn't sample so it's hard to say. I tried so many before finding what I love.

I would try the most popular brands first until you find something that you love (which you will) after that when have the money give some of the smaller companies a go because you they just might have what you are looking for.

The sheer number of choices might seem overwhelming at first but if you read through the posts and reviews and the raves, there are the same 10 or so companies that get mentioned again and again. Of those, I sampled the ones with the most reasonable international shipping rate and best deals on samples! LOL! Sampling can be fun and addictive. You can also narrow down to the ones recommended by people who have similar skin type as you do.

I second Adrienne's post. Look for the brands most recommended according for your skintype, then pick about 3 and sample.

I wanted to get some foundation samples from Meow, but their shipping costs were outrageously high for a few tiny jars. It might be different for Australia though.

I agree sampling from so many become addictive. It did for me. I had to stop for awhile. Then I ordered more again. Over time I've been able to sift through and find the ones that I really like. I think that some of the first one's I tried are good but some of the newer ones are better. Maybe to watch for sales and buy samples then is a better way to test and try.

High quality natural makeup in Japan can be costly while in America low prices are found in many places. If you check many companies listed here on the boards you can find great bargains. Plus these companies have sales that make the bargain better. Sign up on their websites just to get the update of their sales and this way you can try them when they have a sale at your choice.

I agree with everyone. You are best sampling until you find one that suits your skin.
smile.gif

Back