My dog just got skunked

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We went out for a walk, and he decided to go after a skunk.

He definitely got sprayed a couple times...

this happened at 1am.

I doused him in baking soda (while washing him)

and he is sleeping in the garage for the first time in years...

sigh.

i need to shower and go to bed :I

i can't get that skunk scent out of my head because it SMELLS SO BAD

(scent is one of those things that stays in your memory for a long time and you won't ever forget it)

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

n3208825_42203893_6392449.jpg

oh no! poor doggie!

Living in australia, we don't have skunks, and I know it smells awful, but at the same time, I just can't visualise what it'd smell like! lol. Too much curiosity for my own good I guess!

Awww poor bubby!
frown.gif
I hope the smell goes away soon...that sweetie is just too cute to be sleeping in the garage lol

You need to give him a bath with tomato sauce or tomato soup! Lots of it.. Really neautralized the skunk odor... We've had our dogs run into skunks numerous times.. And tomatos really work!

Eeekk! Skunk smell is so awful and so hard to get rid of! I hope you're able to get rid of the smell soon!
frown.gif

Eww I hate skunk smell. Sometimes you can smell one that got ran over and even with the windows closed it's strong. Tomato sauce or soup always works.

aww what a gorgeous puppy!

Poor thing
frown.gif
i hope the tomato bath works.

What a cute puppy!!! I hope that you can get the skunk smell out of his fur! He's way too cute to be sleeping in the garage, he needs to be inside! Good luck!

What a cute dog!!!

Sorry about the skunk-ing. It SUCKS! My family dog was skunked growing up and it is awful! The smell gets into everything so my sympathies go out to ya. Tomato soup did not take out the smell for us. The vet sells some kind of shampoo that did the job. Also, Pet Smart offers a de-Skunking bath there. I've never tried it but it might be worth it!

He is really cute I hope he is ok now and back inside. Thankfully we don't have skunks over here or my Jack Russell would be permenantly in the garage.

If you are into dogs I have just foun a site called dogster.com it looks great.

No, don't use tomato products. They really don't work and they will stain his fur. I'm a dog groomer and I have a recipe for ya. Use 8 cups of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of Dawn. Mix it really well, saturate your dog with it and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse him really really well and make sure none of it gets in his eyes. That will remove about 90% of the smell.

thank you everyone kristie!

I did end up using a cocktail mix between hydrogen peroxide and mostly baking soda...

and 2 baths (both with pantene pro v and conditioner) did the trick

I feel for you, I jogged by a fresh kill skunk yesterday.....my nose was deadened to the odor of 3 mini fires burning in the field nearby. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back