Journey of weight loss - before & in between

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I havent reached my goal weight yet of 130lbs, so im not that comfortable yet posting body shots. Two months ago, I started off at 204lbs (pic on the left) Ive been working out, but havent really been noticing a difference in my appearance. All i noticed was that my clothes were fitting a bit looser. So I was browsing through my computer and I found a picture of me back in Jan 2009 and took a picture yesterday (on the right
smile.gif
to compare and now I can see that what im doing is paying off! Im at 177lbs now, & still have about 47 lbs to lose... I know the angles are bad, but I just wanted to show a face comparison of my progress so far... Sorry if the pictures arent the best... Ill post body shots when ive reached my goal weight!
smile.gif

l_495e0894a06949bfb4db2746af9ee0c1.jpg

great job! I've lost about 25lbs so far this year mny self. what have you been doing to keep yourself motivated? I've found ive gotten bored working out. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif great job! I've lost about 25lbs so far this year mny self. what have you been doing to keep yourself motivated? I've found ive gotten bored working out. Any suggestions? Congrats on the 25 lbs. To avoid boredom in workouts, I usually switch it up. So for example Monday's is Cardio days on the treadmill, tuesdays is boot camp weight resistance and switch it up every other day changing the weights from 1 lbs to 2.5 lbs to 5 lbs....
As for motivation, I photoshopped a picture of myself with the ideal body weight I would like to have and have it hanging up in my closet so every morning I see it... and i have a journal where I set goals (ie. lose 5 lbs in a month) and i end up losing double....

Best of luck on your weight loss journey
smile.gif

You can definately notice a different and you're looking fabulous! Kudos to you, that is an awesome achievement! Keep up the good work
smile.gif

I have about 6 kgs I need to lose..so that's what, 13lbs? I'm finding because I have lost weight already and that's the last few kilos I need to lose, it's not coming off as quick...so frustrating!

Wow that's quite the difference dioraddict! You look great. Congrats on the weight loss to both of you! I finally got a gym membership with my mom so we've both been motivating each other. Soon I'll be starting a 12 session package with a personal trainer and it guarantees you of 9-12lbs of weight loss, so I'm pretty excited.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can definately notice a different and you're looking fabulous! Kudos to you, that is an awesome achievement! Keep up the good work
smile.gif

I have about 6 kgs I need to lose..so that's what, 13lbs? I'm finding because I have lost weight already and that's the last few kilos I need to lose, it's not coming off as quick...so frustrating!

If you need to lose those last 10-20lbs I highly recommend getting Jillian Michaels book "Making the cut" If you follow her 30 day meal plan and her DVD "The 30 day shred" youll lose it in no time...
smile.gif

Thanks for the compliment
smile.gif

Originally Posted by esha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow that's quite the difference dioraddict! You look great. Congrats on the weight loss to both of you! I finally got a gym membership with my mom so we've both been motivating each other. Soon I'll be starting a 12 session package with a personal trainer and it guarantees you of 9-12lbs of weight loss, so I'm pretty excited. Thanks!
smile.gif

Oooo That awesome! I wish I had a personal trainer, just cant afford one at the moment! Enjoy! & best of luck!

That's awesome!! Took me 9 months to drop 50 pounds but ya feel great when you hit your goal!! I've gained 10 back so I'm starting to work on that right after the holiday! Lol.

Wow, I can deffinitely see the difference and you look great, amazing! What do your days look like exactly?

I have 11kgs to lose which I think is something like 24 lbs. I started going to the gym a couple months ago but because we live half an hour away the hardest thing to do is get money to drive in. I've just started doing weights at home. How many days a week do you do cardio or weight lifting?

well done! that's really impressive. I'm the same as Bec, I'd like to lose about 5-10kg (10-20 pounds) but I'm so lazy, lol! and being winter here in Australia, I want to eat comfort food all the time!

Ummm Rosie, if you lost 10 kgs, you would be dead lol You're gorgeously thin as it is!

lol, awww thanks B
smile.gif

but honestly I'm not. And my boobs must weigh a good kg each! I really would like to go down to a reasonable cupsize. FF is just a joke
frown.gif

Congratulations... that's awesome! I have a lot of baby weight to lose still... and I have to get off my @ss soon.. I'm maid of honor is my cousin's wedding next June.

wow ! We can really see the difference.

Rosie, it's the end of spring here, so i wanna eat comfort food too ! I love ice creams
tongue.gif
laughing.gif

How long does it typically take to lose 25 lbs? What's considered fast and what's considered slow?

Wow, great job. I'm also trying to lose weight. I've been working on it for a few months. Only lost around 10 so far. It's hard work.

One of the things that helps me is to do***ent my weight every day. In the past I wouldn't weigh myself for awhile because I knew I wouldn't like what I saw. But I would kind of consider it a vacation from weight loss and go a little crazy with eating all the things that I shouldn't.

Originally Posted by rutiene /img/forum/go_quote.gif How long does it typically take to lose 25 lbs? What's considered fast and what's considered slow? 1 kg per week (so that makes 2 lbs ?
kopfkratz.gif
) is considered as a good average weight loss. But we're all different so it's hard to tell how much you can loose in a fixed amount of time, and then there's the matter of not gaining the weight back. I think your motivation also plays a key role in your success.

Just regrouping to do the weight loss thing again, but what I really need is someone to find me cinnamon buns with zero calories!!

You look great, congrats on thus far!!!

You can clearly see a difference in your face. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back