Smokey look for hazel eyes..?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure what color eyeshadow to use, also any tips on making your eyelashes look thicker without using fake ones?

thanks =]

2339392047_ebcdf3c57b.jpg

2339391935_f69680c772.jpg

christina-aguilera.jpg

smoky_eyes.jpg

For lashes, definitely need to curl them. Try applying a little bit of regular face powder on them and then applying mascara to create sorta a thicker base.

adrienne's said everything i was going to! lol

silver and grey are good on hazel eyes too. but purple is what really makes them stand out.

great, thanks a lot =]

never heard the baby powder thing - but definitely gonna try that!

I mean face powder not baby powder haha.

i would also sugest either blues or greens, the one great thing about hazel eyes is if you put a color on your lids your eyes will pick up the color and reflect it back, really any color that works with your skin tone will be fine though i sugest avoiding black because it will over power your eye color.

also for the lashes looking thicker w/o any false lashes i find drawing your eyeliner on slightly thicker on the outer third of your eye in comparison with the front half of the eye lid. and match this color with your mascara. When you put the mascara on the extra dark area on the outer edge will trick the eye of the onlocker and they will assume that you just have awsome lashes

I would suggest gold/olive green combo. My sister has hazel eyes and that's what brings out the green in her eyes. Purple actually looks painful on her--like a big bruise. You can also do a beautiful cobalt blue.

Yea purple is one of those colors you really have to be careful with or it can make you look really bruised. I find this true when I use strong red undertoned ones. Funny enough, olive greens do the same thing to me lol. They always make me look very tired.

I guess it all depends on skin tone. My sister is fair skinned and olive green compliments her more than a grey/black or purple smokey eye. Olive green can look harsh on some medium-olive complexions, so I do see your point, Adrienne.

Well I did purple with gold, and I don't think it made me look bruised lol

but the green is good as well, I just like to have a little bit of gold because I have gold in my eyes as well.

Yes, gold is a great choice to reflect the color of your eyes. It helps open up the eyes, as well, not just bring the look together.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif also for the lashes looking thicker w/o any false lashes i find drawing your eyeliner on slightly thicker on the outer third of your eye in comparison with the front half of the eye lid. and match this color with your mascara. When you put the mascara on the extra dark area on the outer edge will trick the eye of the onlocker and they will assume that you just have awsome lashes Hmm....I'm gonna have to try this technique out! Thanks for sharing
smile.gif

There are a lot of different eye colors (and combinations of colors) that people call hazel. My eyes are brown with green streaks and people call them hazel. A friend of mine has slate blue/green eyes that she calls hazel. I think violets and olive green both look pretty good with my eyes. The purples I think work really well are MAC Noctournelle and Make Up For Ever purple #92 for a deeper more vivid color (and there's a good cheap Almay purple liner I like). MAC Humid is a pretty good green for hazel eyes -- and the Revlon Olive It Up compact is good (but I think they discontinued it), and Styli-Style has a good olive green liner pencil. Revlon's Berry Bloom quad compact is really cheap and has some nice colors to play around with for hazel eyes.

Lancome Cils Booster is a $22 mascara primer that works really well. I think the $12 Clinique version is just as good. You just put it on before your regular mascara and it makes your lashes a lot thicker without making them clumpy (it's actually white).

And like Orange said, I think it really helps to focus on the outer half if your lashes, especially when you're curling them. I crimp them once then basically walk the lash curler up the outside edge of my lashes (if that makes any sense).

And if you're already going for something dramatic, try Lash Blast Luxe in Black Cabernet. I can't see the red/purple in it very well (except on the wand) but it seems to make my eyes pop more.

BTW I don't want to sound like I'm an expert ... just my opinion ... and I don't really know what I'm talking about
smile.gif

Back