Darker foundation or more bronzer for my pale face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I try to stay out of the sun, and I use SPF 15 moisturizer on my face. I used to go tanning now and then, but for the past year I've been using Retin-A on my forehead and getting laser hair removal (I'm TS), so I really can't get a tan on my face.

I'm going to be at a parade all afternoon next Saturday, and my legs are horribly pale. So I went tanning for 8 min. today and started using a self-tanner lotion on my arms/legs. I'm hoping I'll look a little less scary in shorts by next weekend.

But my face isn't going to match. I'm just wondering what I should do about that. I have pretty good skin, and I don't really use much foundation or anything. I like the Physician's Formula "Moonlight" bronzer, but that's super subtle. I don't really have any experience with darker bronzers. So, I could just get a darker shade of foundation (like, go into Sephora and have them match my arm then use that color on my face), but I'm not sure if that would look right. But then again, I doubt it would look right if I just put dark bronzer all over my face, either.

Any ideas?

Maybe I'll just get a few of those cheap Wet & Wild bronzers and see what amount of color works...

(I'm sorry if I gave a little too much info and creeped ppl out.)

I would just use bronzer and I too have been looking at the the wet n wild ones!

Don't go with a darker foundation. You'll just look mis-matched. I would use a baked bronzer.

Thanks!

The foundation that matches my face perfectly is the Make Up For Ever HD #117:

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation: Liquid Foundation

So it's pretty light with a little olive/yellow-ish thing going on. I'm also kinda colorblind. Does anybody have any suggestions on what kind of color I should try in bronzer?

Bronzzer Ultimate Bronzing Powder | wet n wild | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

Bronzer Compact, Bronzing Makeup, Lightweight Bronzing Powder, Teen Cosmetics

I think even the lightest Acapulco Glow one will be darker than the bronzer I normally use...

I would say go for more bronzer. I hate wearing foundation, especially in higher temperature. There are bronzers and mineral powders that come in SPF, so it should provide with extra protection as well. And since you have great skin, you get to flaunt it more!
smile.gif

Benefit's Bronzer like Hoola (a light tan) or Dallas (a red dark tan) is great for natural looking glowy face! I just got the Hoola last week and loving it!

darker bronzer! physicians formula and N.Y.C. both are drugstore brands that have good bronzers that (i think) will be dark enough and show enough of a difference to add a glow to your face. hope you find what will work for you!

Back