Wrinkles - mouth/lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you use to prevent or improve the tiny lines around the mouth?

I have and use lip plumpers, but I want to do what I can to prevent more wrinkles around my lips, so I have been looking for a good anti-wrinkle lip treatment, but have had a hard time finding one for that purpose. Mostly I am finding lip treatments for dry, cracked lips, etc... Which is not a problem for me. I've even thought about just using my eye cream!!! LOL!! You girls have any suggestions??!!

i think lipbalm might solve your problem? your lips probably have wrinkles because they are dry. if you moisturise them with lipbalm it might even them out.

also try a lip scrub or GENTLY rubbing an old toothbrush along your lips to sort of exfoliate them, that might help smooth them.

The most important thing to do is to avoid smoking. That seriously contributes to lines specifically in that area.

Other than that, I'd just say keep the area moisturized. Also, drink plenty of water, eat healthy, get plenty of exercise and sleep. When a person's overall health is better, the improvements do show up in the skin as well.

As far as products, you could try Chanel's Ultra Correction Lip: Restructuring Anti-Wrinkle Lip Contour

SKPRE586LG.jpg

I haven't tried this, but I've tried one of their eye creams and it worked well.

If you don't want to pay that much, you could go with something like Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment:

AI_LipPlump_SPF20_185x225.jpg

That would help to plump up the skin and smooth out the wrinkles.

As far as cosmetics go, you could try a light reflecting concealer above the lips and a lip color with a slight sheen to it.

Hope that helps some.
smile.gif

Thanks for multiple options StereoXGirl!! I don't smoke, but since it's a common area that wrinkles with age, I want to do whatever I can to prevent them.
smile.gif

InternetChick - I hadn't heard of Lip Spackle, but when I looked it up it looks like just a primer that conditions, right? Have you tried it? I have a couple of lip primers and they are great for not letting gloss or lipstick feather and/or fade. But I think I am looking for something more like a treatment that might specifically help prevent wrinkles around the mouth.

Avoid drinking straws.

I know a lot of women prefer to drink from straws so they don't mess up their lipstick, but straws do the same damage that smoking does, you purse your lips around the straw and you get premature wrinkles.

You need to keep the area moisturized, especially if it's a trouble zone.

I don't have problems with lip lines, just around the eyes. My forehead, cheeks in the nasal fold (which migrates to my lips)and chin are oily for me and I had little or no wrinkles there. My eye area is dryer (although my eye LIDS are oily, grrr..) and of course, that's my trouble zone for wrinkles.

Also, I think I read that plumpers can accelerate wrinkles as it's poofing out the skin, then deflating, then poofing,deflating. I know it's minimal plumping, but still stretching the skin.

Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by cablegiirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for multiple options StereoXGirl!! I don't smoke, but since it's a common area that wrinkles with age, I want to do whatever I can to prevent them.
smile.gif

InternetChick - I hadn't heard of Lip Spackle, but when I looked it up it looks like just a primer that conditions, right? Have you tried it? I have a couple of lip primers and they are great for not letting gloss or lipstick feather and/or fade. But I think I am looking for something more like a treatment that might specifically help prevent wrinkles around the mouth.

Yeah, it's just a fix and not something to take care of the problem.

Back