Recipe (s)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recipe for homemade Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil ( holy grail product for controlling sebum production for those with super-oily skin ):

1 Oz. Kukui Nut Oil

6 Drops Ylang Ylang Oil

3 Drops Lavender or Geranium Oil

2 Drops Bay Leaf Oil

1 Drop Rosemary Oil

Mix it up in an Amber Glass Bottle and make sure to shake it up before each use!

For those of you who had luck with Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence, i have found this to be a great cheap replacement. You can be substitute the Kukui Nut Oil with Hazelnut Oil if you like, but it must be refrigerated and made in very small batches as the shelf life is not very long. If you are pregnant or breast feeding, do not use the Rosemary Oil... it can be toxic to babies.

I will try to post more recipes!!!
smile.gif

Homemade recipe for avocado lip balm

Here is what you need:

Pure avocado oil

Beeswax or candelilla wax (vegatable wax)

Essential oil (not a must), but I like putting sweet orange oil and lavender oil in, these 2 scent mix well, but if you like minty taste you can use peppermint

Boil about 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and 1 small teaspoon of wax, once they are melt together, you can let it cool. I usually gently touch the slightly cooled mixture with my finger tip, it will solidifi in a few secs on your finger tip. See if you like the consistency, try it on your lip. Then, I add my essential oil to lukewarm mixture, stirr well, pour into an empty tube.

** More wax in the mixture will make the lipbalm stays on your lips better

Homemade sleeping potion for insomniac like me

You need:

100% pure lavender essential oil

100% pure majoram wild essential oil

Mix them together (half and half), put it in a dropper glass bottle.

Put 5 drops of the mixture on the top of your head, massage in slightly, you will want to hit the bed sooner than you think, ( I think
hahaha.gif
)

Natural skin care aids and what they do

Arrowroot= Dries up blemishes

Avocado= Moisturizes

Barley= Anti-blemish; refines pores; retards wrinkles

Beet= Moisturizes

Benzoin, Tincture of= Natural preservative for creams, lotions; chapped skin

Bicarbonate of Soda= Water softener

Borax= Skin softener; cleanser; bleach; emulsifier when mixed with other ingredients

Bran= Tightens larges pores; combats dryness

Carrot= Moisturizes

Castor Oil= Relieves itching; fades brown spots; eyelash treatment

Chamomile= Tones all type of complexions

Cocoa Butter= Cleanser; dry skin moisturizer

Corn Syrup= Humectant- holds moisture to skin

Cornmeal= Refines pores

Cornstarch= Natural thickener for creams, lotions, masks; body powder

Cucumber= Reduces under-eye puffiness

Dandelion= Moistens dry skin

Originally Posted by lollipop Homemade sleeping potion for insomniac like me
You need:

Put 5 drops of the mixture on the top of your head, massage in slightly, you will want to hit the bed sooner than you think, ( I think
hahaha.gif
)

Thanks, Lollipop
smile.gif
I'll give it a try!

Originally Posted by Leony Thanks, Lollipop
smile.gif
I'll give it a try!

Good luck, hope it will work!!!
cool.gif

OOOhhh how i love Decleor! Thanks so much for this precious recipe.I am sending a copy to my Mother who adores their facial oil (as i do), this recipie will save us a fortune too,.thanks.
claps.gif

ps, i just finshed a bottle Decleor's expensive nail oil (which i reviewed).

Minty Fresh Massage Oil

10 tsp. grapeseed oil

3 drops eucalyptus oil

4 drops rosemary oil

2 drops peppermint oil

This is a green-scented massage oil. Blend ingredients well, pour into a small bottle and seal well.

Warm oil up before doing any massage.

A Natural Way To Exfoliate

Sea salt removes dry, flaky, dead skin.

Wet face (or anywhere on the body), apply a couple of tablespoon of sea salt, then GENTLY massage with a wet wascloth or fingers.

Focus on the T-zone and cheeks, but avoid the eye area. After one or two minutes, rinse with cold water to tighten the pores.

You can do this maximum once per week, it will help face-creams to penetrate better!

Originally Posted by lollipop Homemade sleeping potion for insomniac like me
You need:

hahaha.gif
)

I'll have to try this with these oils. I have an essential oil blend with sandalwood, juniper, frankincense, spruce, and myrrh that I have used in this way before. The oils are in a base of almond oil so it makes my hair kinda oily but it works. Sandalwood has been researched in Europe for its ability to oxygenate a part of the brain known as the pineal gland, the seat of our emotions. The pineal gland is responsible for releasing melatonin, which enhances deep sleep. Interesting, huh?

Apple Zinger Facial Mask

This is good for Oily or Acne Prone skin.

1 medium size apple, grated fine

5 tbs. honey

Mix the grated apple and honey well, then smooth over skin and let sit for 10 minutes. After this rinse off with cool water.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I'll have to try this with these oils. I have an essential oil blend with sandalwood, juniper, frankincense, spruce, and myrrh that I have used in this way before. The oils are in a base of almond oil so it makes my hair kinda oily but it works. Sandalwood has been researched in Europe for its ability to oxygenate a part of the brain known as the pineal gland, the seat of our emotions. The pineal gland is responsible for releasing melatonin, which enhances deep sleep. Interesting, huh? Yes it is interesting!!! I would like to know everything about this oils
icon_razz.gif
Do you like the oils also, hihi, I know i do
icon_lol.gif
!

I am a huge fan of good quality essential oils. Good quality is the key word. I have another blend that is my favorite for when I want to chill out. It's called Peace And Calming and contains: Tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouli, and blue tansy. It smells sooo good. I keep it running in my diffuser throughout the day and it makes my house smell lovely.

Homemade Lip Scrub/Exfoliant:

I mix a little finely crushed, uncoated aspirin (salicyc acid) with a little white granulated sugar (glycolic acid), a bit of jojoba oil for moisture and a touch of glycerin for "slip". I mix it well and put it in a little jar, then added about 5 drops of Cinnamon Leaf oil (the active ingredient in "Lip Venom" which causes the blood to rush to the surface of your lips to impart that red, bee-stung look). I use this to exfoliate my lips once a day a few times per week and since i have been doing this, i have found that any lip product (i.e. lip balm. lip liner, lip gloss etc) goes on much smoother and stays on longer.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I am a huge fan of good quality essential oils. Good quality is the key word. I have another blend that is my favorite for when I want to chill out. It's called Peace And Calming and contains: Tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouli, and blue tansy. It smells sooo good. I keep it running in my diffuser throughout the day and it makes my house smell lovely. Hmmm sounds good, where did you get it? Also did you have seen the thread about the bennefits of essential oils? Greetz Lolli!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lollipop Homemade Lip Scrub/Exfoliant:
I mix a little finely crushed, uncoated aspirin (salicyc acid) with a little white granulated sugar (glycolic acid), a bit of jojoba oil for moisture and a touch of glycerin for "slip". I mix it well and put it in a little jar, then added about 5 drops of Cinnamon Leaf oil (the active ingredient in "Lip Venom" which causes the blood to rush to the surface of your lips to impart that red, bee-stung look). I use this to exfoliate my lips once a day a few times per week and since i have been doing this, i have found that any lip product (i.e. lip balm. lip liner, lip gloss etc) goes on much smoother and stays on longer.

I am definitely gonna try th^at!! Thanx for the awesome recipes and keep 'em comin', Lolli!
I purchase all my oils from Young Living Essential Oils. If you'd like I can PM you with more info? I believe I did see the thread about the benefits of essential oils but i'm gonna check it out again to make sure. Maybe I can add my 2 cents. hehe

Homemade recipe for Oil treatment/mask for chemically processed/ridiculously dry and frizzy hair

You need:

100% Shea butter (almost solid)

100% Wheat germ oil (smells really bad, at least to me, but hey, it works
icon_wink.gif
)

Essential oil (not a must), but I like to put in Sandalwood oil for its good for the hair too and it kinda help covering the wheat germ smell.

Boil them together half and half, always add the essential oil AFTER the mixture is cooled down a bit, pour them into a pump bottle, put it on DRY hair and leave it on for as long as you can. I usually leave it on and put my hair up in a pony for the whole day. Wash your hair (DONT use clarifying shampoo that day), condition as usual.

You should be able to see the difference, it HEALS my damaged hair, so i hope it will work for you guys too!!!

Luscious Body Polisher

2 cups plain yoghurt

1 tablespoon wheat germ

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon almond oil

*Omit almond oil if skin is acne-prone.

Mix all ingredients together well. Dampen skin in shower and massage mixture all over. Rinse with warm water and rinse after this immediately with cold (not ice cold) water to boost circulation.

Back