10 Things About Your Style...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
List 10 things/rules that help make up your style...

I'll get the ball rolling:

1. Most of the clothes I buy are vintage and come from the likes of Ebay & Oxfam.

2. I love 50s pin-up style fashion.

3. I also love rockabilly style clothes.

4. You can't go wrong with a decent pair of jeans!

5. Everyone should have a staple accessory, mine's a scarf (my bf once remarked it's like dating Steven Tyler).

6. Nothing says effortlessly chic like a simple pair of black heels.

7. Statement shoes look best when you dress down and make them the central focus!

8. Every girl needs a pair of black tights!

9. The secretary look can be very stylish when you play it up, think fitted jeans, office shirt & heels.

10. I don't like to over accessorize and generally wear very little jewelery

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't have a style anymore lol so I only need one rule.

1. If it fits and looks decent then it works. I'm a T-shirt, jeans and flip flop gal.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have a style anymore lol so I only need one rule.
1. If it fits and looks decent then it works. I'm a T-shirt, jeans and flip flop gal.

haha fair enough!
x

1. wear items that are suited to my body type

2. Have an assortment of cute jackets and cardigans, which can be mixed up to make different looks

3. Big, bold jewelry. I'll wear one statement piece so it doesn't look overdone

4. black is always beautiful

5. bright makeup (either my eyes or my lips)

6. keep my nails looking clean and well manicured

7. one can never have too many pairs of jeans

8. don't be afraid to try new things. Try on that dress that you'd usually never pick up...some of my favorite items have been found this way

9. accessories can make the outfit- fun hats, belts, etc...try them on and see what works

10. wear what I feel good in. If you're wearing something beautiful, but you're uncomfortable or self conscious in it, I think it'll come through.

1. I don't have a body type.. Lol

2. I don't wear womens jeans and rarely wear slacks..

3. I'm usually the only person wearing a skirt or a dress where ever I go.. Definately the only guy wearing one.
smile.gif

4. Love black and white... And pink... red... plum...

5. Love hats..

6. Hate pantyhose.. Love thigh highs..

7. Only have one pair of flats..

8. Love dangly earrings, rings, large colorful bracelets and necklaces..

9. Skirt suits fit me nicely as long as I can buy them separately.. I'm not a perfect 10! Lol

10. Leather!!
smile.gif

1. It's clean

2. It might not look good on the hanger but it might look good on (this works 60% of the time)

3. Must be comfortable, or my face will show it

That's about it....

I need to add.

4. Color, color, color

My style is somewhat complicated...I can take on bohemian chick one day and the next day imma diva..lol I think that it's possible for a person to have many styles because everyone should try different and new looks and mae that look or style their own. For the most part I tend to have a favorite style which is what I will post.

5 things that make up my most favorite style(s) would be:

1. PLATFORM HEELS!! (I love, love, love them)

2. Statement-like jewelry (the bigger and the better)

3. Fitted pants/jeans (something like skinny jeans)

4. Sexy undergarments (they make you feel so seductive and flirty underneath)

5. Long, bohemian made dresses

My 5 rules for styling consists of:

1. NO BAGGY PANTS EVER!!

2. Invest in altering your clothes so that they actually fit your body type (or take up some sewing classes ladies)

3. Black is best when added with a pop of color

4. Emphasize on your best body part...love your body!

5. Wearing one color can look good....Contrasting is the key to putting the whole outfit together

gee. I guess my things would be

1. I hate unnecessary details like beading, sequins, embroidery etc

2. I'd prefer to have less stuff, that is good quality over lots of cheap things

3. ankle straps on shoes just do not work for me.

4. I like classic shapes and I also like the 'secretary' look, especially high waisted skirts, blouses, cardigans, sexy heels

5. I prefer plain fabrics to patterns

6. I generally don't wear more than 3 colours at a time, unless I am matching my outfit to something with a pattern on it in many colours.

7. I have an hourglass figure so shopping is hard - if it fits my boobs or my ass, it doesn't fit my legs or waist.

8. my favourite colours and the ones I wear most are pinks, greys, creams, neutrals and black.

That's all I can think of
biggrin.gif

1. I can breathe in it

2. its clean

3. its dark in color

4.I can layer it

5. I can accessorize with it

6. <3 long dresses

7. can be paired with either flats, flip flops, or air max

that's it

1.I second Maysie, one can never have too many jeans.

2.Spending time searching through a closet to make an outfit is out of the question, it fits, it doesn't look clownish, i keep it !

3.Wear clothes that fit, no baggy pants admitted !

4.I wear minimal jewelry and mostly the same everyday.

5.No prints or drawings, i'm a plain teeshirt girl.

6.I wear 3 colors maximum, the secret is in wearing shades.

7.Everyday, one must wear at least one item that is blue of color, and preferably turquoise of shade. As a consequence, one can never have too many turquoise teeshirts.

8.No dresses or skirts for me, i can't explain why but it has deep roots in my mind. I'm a pants kind of girl.

9.To complete the tomboyish look, the most classic Doc Martens shoes, black in 8 eyelets, and my pair of Puma.

10.I am proud of my socks collection, i have a wide selection and i have to own the most original and unique.

Let's see.

1. It must be fitted! I have a curvy hourglass figure so if I try wearing loose fitting things, I look like a blimp.

2. Plain over patterened. On the rare occasion I choose to wear a pattern, it will be one item of clothing and it's not blarish.

3. Heels! Heels can make everything look better, your legs slimmer, your bum perkier, your posture improves.

4. I am not big on 'bold' colours, you'll find I stick with basic colours like black,grey,cream, neutrals, pinks, navy.

5. Jewellery should not be overdone. Stick with a classic piece or two and you'll look classy, go overboard and you'll look

like a $2 hooker.

6. Big sunglasses
smile.gif

7. Scarves - I love my scarves! Basic colours again, cream, white, black, pink. (winter scarves)

8. If you make the effort to dress well, I think hair/make/nails naturally should follow suit. NO chipped nails!

That's all I can think of for now... but the most important, it must be CLEAN!!!

1. I love jewellery. Statement earrings, rings and bangles. Love 'em. Not all worn at the same time, mind.

2. I love dressing up jeans and fitted tee with a flashy bag.

3. Dark denim jeans are one of my casual staples. They flatter my big ol' booty.

4. I love fitted tees - they flatter the DD's LOL

5. Love heels - they make everything better :)

6. Love flats, have lots in different colours and finishes

7. Coloured skinnies - I love 'em for Spring/Summer

8. Love wearing jewel colours, they flatter my skintone

9. I don't mind splurging on handbags. I like them to last and be more than just a fashion statement.

10. When mixing high street with designer, you can't go wrong.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif gee. I guess my things would be
1. I hate unnecessary details like beading, sequins, embroidery etc

2. I'd prefer to have less stuff, that is good quality over lots of cheap things

3. ankle straps on shoes just do not work for me.

4. I like classic shapes and I also like the 'secretary' look, especially high waisted skirts, blouses, cardigans, sexy heels

5. I prefer plain fabrics to patterns

6. I generally don't wear more than 3 colours at a time, unless I am matching my outfit to something with a pattern on it in many colours.

7. I have an hourglass figure so shopping is hard - if it fits my boobs or my ass, it doesn't fit my legs or waist.

8. my favourite colours and the ones I wear most are pinks, greys, creams, neutrals and black.

That's all I can think of
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Let's see.
1. It must be fitted! I have a curvy hourglass figure so if I try wearing loose fitting things, I look like a blimp.

2. Plain over patterened. On the rare occasion I choose to wear a pattern, it will be one item of clothing and it's not blarish.

3. Heels! Heels can make everything look better, your legs slimmer, your bum perkier, your posture improves.

4. I am not big on 'bold' colours, you'll find I stick with basic colours like black,grey,cream, neutrals, pinks, navy.

5. Jewellery should not be overdone. Stick with a classic piece or two and you'll look classy, go overboard and you'll look

like a $2 hooker.

6. Big sunglasses
smile.gif

7. Scarves - I love my scarves! Basic colours again, cream, white, black, pink. (winter scarves)

8. If you make the effort to dress well, I think hair/make/nails naturally should follow suit. NO chipped nails!

That's all I can think of for now... but the most important, it must be CLEAN!!!

You Aussies are so chic!
glasses.gif
I love both these lists.

1.I love shoes,hat's and earing's (these are my must have's)

2.I have colored eyes so i like wearing certain colors to bring them out more.

3.My favorite colors are green yellow,gray, black and white and orange besides black (cloths wise)

4.love to put my own cloth's together don't like to be like everyone else

5.love the the 70's style and i love victorian style

6.matching cloths is a must for me that's including shoes,jewelery.(make up a definite)

7.the colors i love to wear as far as make up are grays,black,white,green.

8. love skinny jeans but they look terrible on me cause i have big hips and a big behind
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1. simple sillouettes are key

2. skip the prints if possible, solids can be mixed and matched more easily

3. 40's and 50's sillouettes are ideal for formal occasions

4. highwaists on skirts are a MUST unless i want to look short

5. flats and sneakers for everyday, heals only for formal events

6. skip the accesories

7. only wear clean clothes (i know this one is like common sense but my room is a mess so this one can be tricky sometimes)

8. for the lab enviroment: long sleves, and closed toed sneakers. and something old so i wouldnt care if it got ruined.

lol Adrienne! I didn't notice how similar Bec and my lists were until you put them together! LOL. Secretly we were separated at birth!

These were all very interesting to read. I thought of a few more for my list too!

- I agree that heels make everything look better - but make sure that you can walk in them or that they fit. Wearing heels and walking like a retard is way worse than wearing a pair of nice flats.

- I hope high waisted skirts stay fashionable forever. I LOVE high waisted skirts.

- my general rule is, if it's short (above the knee), wear flats, if it's longer (over the knee), wear heels.

smile.gif

and apparently ankle straps don't look so bad on me after all:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f95...aul-96685.html

hehe! so I guess I would say that there can be an exception to every rule!

Here is mine!

1. Black is BORING!

2.Black purses are even more boring! Why not a pop color like red or blue?

3.I love vintage accessories, specially belts and necklaces

4.Pencil skirts really work for me, with a crazy top

5.Good hair is a huge part of how you present yourself, I like my hair wavy and bedhead-ish, never pin straight!

6.I like basic clean makeup and tons of crazy accessories

7. If it's a night out and I wear a LBD I HAVE to make it funky somehow to keep from looking like a clone

8. I love to fashionably and correctly mix prints!

9. I love to layer, but it's kind of impossible in South Florida weather

10. My only investment pieces are shoes, ued to be handbags, but it started to annoy me how they go out of style so quickly.

I hope I have a kindred spirit out there!!!!

1. Must fit my lanky limbs.

2. Flat shoessss

3. Cardigans in different colours to go with anything.

4. Lots of costume jewellry eg rings and chunky necklaces

5. I love band or singer t-shirts (faves are David Bowie and the beatles)

6. I love 80's style tops that are cut off below the shoulders, I cut my own most of the time.

7. Canvas bags, they pretty much go with all my clothes because I'm not a very dressed up person.

8. Colourful tights

9. If I'm wearing a dress in the daytime I almost always wear tights too.

1. do me in the ally daddy shoes go with everything.

2.generally i'm in a skirt or a dress.

3.if i'm not, its probably yoga pants and a tshirt. i own 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of dressy denim capris.

4.generally its black. or grey. or teal. or pink. once it was red.

5.jewelry. if im not wearing double the value of my car i'm not happy. go big or go home.

60if its plastic DO NOT WEAR IT.

7. quality! do not wear cheap clothing.YOU LOOK CHEAP!! that doesnt mean clothing cant be INEXPESNISVE!!

8. dress your age. i'm 25. i dress 25. classic. with some flair.

1. wear what looks good on me, not just what 'fits'.

2. wear bright colors because they look good on dark skin

3. flat shoes!

4. I never follow trends. I like what I like and if it happens to be 'in style', whatever. Doesn't make a difference to me.

5. quality.

6. Don't buy stuff just cuz it's on sale. I have to make sure I like it.

7. I love buying multi-purpose pieces that can be mixed with other stuff in my closet -

8. my favorite accessory is makeup

9. No matter what I wear, if my hair and skin look good, I look good.

10. I always wear sunglasses. Not to look cool, they actually protect my eyes.

Back