"As Seen on TV" products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok.. Fess up!! Have you ever bought them... Either on the phone or in the store? I'm standing in the pharmacy in front of an "As Seen on TV" display and its amazing that someone would buy Mighty Putty or the Strap Perfect! Btw is says that the Strap Perfect adds a full cup size instantly?? Wearing a smaller bra would do the same thing and for less than the $10 they want you can get some silicone enhancers over at Walmart!! PM me if you want to know which isle they are in! Lol

I know Aprill has a closet full of Sham-wow's!!
biggrin.gif

So what have you bought??

I have bought the Shamwow, the slapchop, the twisty bendy thingies for the kids (bendaroo's), uh the magic bullet (get your minds out of the darn gutter), ultra smooth, most of the cd compilations before I decided to be a pirate (yo ho ho and a bottle of crap), that crap that claimed you could roll out, cut, plant water voila! flowers...not! but i bought it.

I have strap perfect... lol I haven't really tried it out yet, but pretty much all my shirts show my straps, so I figured why not!

My sister has a topsy turvy, and it's working! Her tomatoes are flourishing! lol

my dad and i are not allowed to watch tv unsupervised. we own it all. shamwow.bullet.the blender thing. pasta maker.the flower thing. you name it we got it.

I got strap perfect, it works for me. Not a full cup bigger but bigger and my straps stay.

Got the shamwow, just cos I like them lol.

I hae that smooth away- it so doesn't work.

Got easy combs-love them.

I feel like I'm forgetting something lol. I love going into the "as seen on tv" store.

I think the only thing we bought from the "TV" store in the mall is some of those plastic disks you can use to move furniture around with....

Well the only thing I recall buying from TV was the spray on hair removal, which was nothing but some Nair in a spray bottle. It was a long time ago so I don't know the name.

omg that magic bullet ad is SO persuasive.

I remember one time, this ad for a thing that straightened your hair, this kind of revolving brush. I have perfectly straight hair but I REALLY wanted it, LOL.

And that guthy renker ad? dayum, I really want that skincare stuff!

I'm guessing that by Guthy remker you mean Proactiv lol. I bought that several time but it's only temporary (at least on me) cause I stopped using it a bit then reused it but it didn't work anymore idk I became immune to it lol. It worked wonders at first tho =D.

lol Bonita, yes that's what I meant. Haven't seen the ad in ages so I Forgot the name!

and principal secret advance! that stuff looks so cool!

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well the only thing I recall buying from TV was the spray on hair removal, which was nothing but some Nair in a spray bottle. It was a long time ago so I don't know the name. Now I remember it was the Epil Stop and Spray by Igia!! That mess was horrible! After that I haven't bought much, now my dad is the one who buys all that crap.
Mighty Putty

Sham-Wow (should be called sham-crap)

Mighty Jack

Iv got to get the topsy turvy tomato,strawberry and hot pepper planters!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif my dad and i are not allowed to watch tv unsupervised. I laughed my ass off when I read this. I haven't ordered anything except for proactive but that's only bc I used my moms and it worked fine.

My mom is notorious for buying from tv ads, especially those beauty ones, Alexis Vogel, Sheer Cover, and also anything that's related to losing weight. She works third shift and on her days off, she's used to staying up late at night and will stay up watching those infomercials. Many times, she'll wake up my dad to order something at three in the morning lol.

The only reason I didn't bother with the Shamwow is bc my husband works in a body shop and he says that when he has to detail a car, its the same stuff they used to dry the car with. Someone just got smart and decided to make it a household item lol.

I got that pull up thing for the doorway, but when we got it home it didn't fit ours so we took it back.

Hmm, i think we never bought anything off these, although i love watching them on tv, i always have a good laugh. Don't invite us at a tupperware party though, there was a time we'd have a collection of them, round, square, molds, cookbooks... Our storing abilities being limited we stopped.

I have a Shamwow and am in love! I love watching infomercials, they are my secret pleasure
smile.gif

Sorry Guys, If I see 'as advertised on tv' I run the other way. You cannot believe how many tv programs I have missed LOL

Latest posts

Back