Do you prefer a kabuki or flat buffer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I need a brush for buffing, but I honestly don't like kabuki brushes. I would use one if it's better, but I have been thinking of getting a flat top buffer brush. I plan to use it for buffing my foundation, bronzer, and blushes. I had seen this really cool buffing brush at the CCO a couple of months back, a MAC something or other(was oblong, with really dense white hair and a flat top). I didn't think much of it, but now I regret not getting it. It's all I can think about LOL! The CCO is about 2 hours away, so I can't see going out there anytime soon. I have no money for the CCO or Coach outlet right now lol. Are the Coastal Scents buffers good? I saw one my Posh that was on sale for $6.99 that looked really nice.

I don't know what this one is then but I have a flat top kabuki brush that I love lol. I think edm doesn't sell it anymore but the only other two I own are one by Mark which works okay but is very scratchy and dry after washing and it sheds too much, it's also orginally a bronzer/blush brush

PROD_1026948_LG.gif

And my SK synthetic blush brush

sonia2.jpg

soniak.jpg

and it's great for buffing out areas around the nose, blush/bronzer, underneath eyes but not the best for huge areas.

I love my domed kabuki brush. I use it for my MMU, and it always gives me the perfect application. I use the Studio Gear one, and don't know of any substitutes, but I have one of the Coastal Scents flat top buffers and hate it.

I love my kabuki ! I have a smaller one from Ocean Cosmetics, sold with the sample kit, it's great to apply highlight on the cheeks or a bit of blush on the apples, although it's a bit scratchy.

Darn it! The kabukis are winning.
biggrin.gif
Maybe I should just invest in a really nice one. I was at Ulta yesterday and felt some Japonesque brushes, and those are soft as silk!!

i love the flat top brushes, i have the mac 180 gosh i love that thing. the sonia kashuk one posted up there i also have and love <3

I definitely prefer a flat top brush. I find it tends to give better coverage, especially if I have a blemish I want to conceal. I have one by philosophy that is amazing.

brush2.jpg

I bought it a couple years ago and it's still super soft and it never sheds. And the bristles are on the shorter side, so they hold their shape really well as you're applying your makeup...also they are packed together really densely.

eBay.com.my: NIB! MAC 180 Small Buffer Powder Makeup Blending Brush (item 290299653694 end time May 21, 2009 18:48:03 MYT)

Is that the MAC brush you were talking about? MAC 180...

It's amazing, and I absolutely love it.. I wish I would have bought more than one though, because it's discontinued. If I ever saw it in my CCO I'd freak... I'd love to get that brush with the 30% off the price tag.

I have the 182 kabuki brush which is so soft too, but I think I like the 180 better. They're both really great!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif eBay.com.my: NIB! MAC 180 Small Buffer Powder Makeup Blending Brush (item 290299653694 end time May 21, 2009 18:48:03 MYT)
Is that the MAC brush you were talking about?

It's amazing, and I absolutely love it.. I wish I would have bought more than one though, because it's discontinued. If I ever saw it in my CCO I'd freak... I'd love to get that brush with the 30% off the price tag.

I have the 182 kabuki brush which is so soft too, but I think I like the 180 better. They're both really great!

No, it had a short, wide oblong handle. Like a kabuki, only oblong not round. It's this one. Looks like it's meant for the body though. I was thinking it was good for the whole face after applying foundation and powder. What do I know! LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, it had a short, wide oblong handle. Like a kabuki, only oblong not round. It's this one. Looks like it's meant for the body though. I was thinking it was good for the whole face after applying foundation and powder. What do I know! LOL
biggrin.gif
Oh, I know which one your talking about.. I'm pretty sure.. I think that's discontinued too, and it was for face and body. I think.
smile.gif

I prefer the kabuki because for some reason as much as i buff my face the flat buffer gives a patchy finish.

I have the Sonya Kashuk flat top blush brush,I love it!!

I also have Essence Of Beauty flat top brushes:The finishing,and the blender brush.

I love my cheap brushes!! <3

I bought the Posh brush yesterday, and will maybe get around to trying it today. We'll see. I always have the best of intentions.
biggrin.gif

yhst-62631412086066_2036_4732077

I LOVE kabuki brush. I use the one I bought from Sephora and everytime I use it I end up with a flawless finish that blends well into my skin. I also love the way it makes me feel as if I'm fanning the products into my face.. kind of.. haha but you should definitely invest in a great kabuki brush! It's so worth it!

I prefer my flattop that I got from Silk Naturals. I also recommend the Ecotools Retractable Kabuki - I use that one for my finishing powders and liquid foundations.

I think they both have advantages adn disadvantages but i usually use a flat top just because its in better shape than my kabuki

I find a flat top quicker to use but I like kabukis aswell - my favourite mineral brush is the Everyday Minerals flat top - foundation = 1 min - amazing
biggrin.gif

I use the EDM Flat top brush. I love it. I like flat tops better than kabukis. I find they give more coverage in applying foundation. I use my kabuki to apply finishing powders.

Back