My E.L.F. shadow brushes are shedding like crazy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Not the blending eye brushes, but the regular shadow brushes. I thought they would have stopped by now. As far as applying shadow they are great, and they are nice and soft. Is it typical for them to shed a lot at first? I am worried they won't stop until they are bald lol. I just got the Loew-Cornell 3/8 MAC 239 dupe, and hope I like it more than the 239(which I didn't like at all). If I do, I'll just get more of those. Stupid brushes!!
bawling.gif

Wow I think your the first person to say they don't like the 239 brush! What about it don't you like?

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow I think your the first person to say they don't like the 239 brush! What about it don't you like? I didn't think it packed on color all that well. My cheaper brushes performed better. I expected to love it, since everyone raves about it.

I've never owned the 239 but I thought the LC ones did a really good job imho. At first it felt a little rough but once I soften it up a tiny bit it's one of my fav brushes.

Leticia, have you tried the MAC 242? It packs shadow on MUCH better than the 239 imo. Although I still like my 239 alot... i don't have a problem packing the shadow on with it. I need to get a another 242, honestly I am in love with my MAC brushes lately. They are the best cosmetic purchase I ever made! I really want to get a few loew-cornells too though.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Leticia, have you tried the MAC 242? It packs shadow on MUCH better than the 239 imo. Although I still like my 239 alot... i don't have a problem packing the shadow on with it. I need to get a another 242, honestly I am in love with my MAC brushes lately. They are the best cosmetic purchase I ever made! I really want to get a few loew-cornells too though. Not yet, but I thought about it after watching a video by kuippo(I know I spelled that wrong lol). She also didn't care for the 239, and mentioned liking the 242 better. I am trying out my Loew-Cornell brush later today, so I guess we'll see how much I like it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't think it packed on color all that well. My cheaper brushes performed better. I expected to love it, since everyone raves about it. Oh ok. I don't have a 239 so I can't really agree or not.
But I have no idea what's wrong with the art stores around here. I've been to Michael's, Jo Ann's, and A.C. Moore and no one has the 3/8 Maxine Mop brush!! I have the 1/4 one but I can't seem to find the bigger size. I might have to buy online.

Michael's is the only art store in my area to carry them, and it's hard to find them in stock. I have thought about ordering online, but I hate the shipping charges.

i have about 6 elf shadow brushes, one sheds and the rest don't so i guess it's the luck of the draw

Finally got my hands on the 3/8 mop brush, sadly I had to buy it online. But I'm happy to try it out.
smile.gif

I'm not a fan of 239 either.

My ELF brushes did shed the first applications of usage and then afterward it stopped. I'll only see shedding when I clean them roughly.

... if you still have shedding, just get another one? It could just be a bad brush.

Back