Badly cracked eyeshadow Help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I really cracked one of my favourite eyeshadows
frown.gif
I know that it can be pressed together using alcohol, but I haven't been able to find any tips on how to actually do it!!! Help???

I haven't pressed any eyeshadows, but I have done many pigments, and I would think the process is the same. Put all the powder you can into a small glass bowl and add either 70% or 91% alcohol, (don't go any lower than those percentages) a few drops at a time. Mix the powder and the alcohol together until you get a consistency in where the powder stucks together.

Scoop the mixture out of the glass container with a spatula and place it back into the shadow's original pan. Let it dry overnight and then press it with a piece of denim and a quarter to get that quilted look.

If anyone has any other tips or need to correct mine, feel free!

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't pressed any eyeshadows, but I have done many pigments, and I would think the process is the same. Put all the powder you can into a small glass bowl and add either 70% or 91% alcohol, (don't go any lower than those percentages) a few drops at a time. Mix the powder and the alcohol together until you get a consistency in where the powder stucks together.
Scoop the mixture out of the glass container with a spatula and place it back into the shadow's original pan. Let it dry overnight and then press it with a piece of denim and a quarter to get that quilted look.

If anyone has any other tips or need to correct mine, feel free!

Thank you sooo much!!!!

Wow that is a great tip! I actually didn't know there was a way you can repack the cracked eyeshadows.. I've been either throwing them out or using them as lip pigments if the colors were suitable.. This is great! Thank you so much!

oh thanks phantom goddess! one of my fav nyx brushes cracked really badly as well and i want to press it again!

Latest posts

Back