88 palette or Mac palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be 21 in September but I am trying to decide now what to buy with my birthday money. I know its 2 and a half months away but its going to take me that long to figure out what to get. Should I get the 88 palette or a Mac palette with 6 shadows, or should I get both? If I get the 88 palette where should I buy it from Coastal Scents or Ebay? TIA

Well, it really depends on what you want more!
smile.gif
If you really have been wanting a MAC palette, I'd get that. You would get a lot more eyeshadows with the 88 palette, though...

As far as Coastal Scents/eBay, they're the same palettes as far as I'm aware. So I would just order from the place you're most comfortable ordering from.

Hope that helps some!

Happy early Birthday, btw!
smile.gif

I agree with shaundra. I would probably get a mac palette, but research the colours individually and choose carefully.

You can save the 88 palette for something less special, since it will probably be way cheaper
smile.gif

well i'd get both but actually you can get a 96 eyshadow palette or even a 120 from ebay. I got mines from ebay for 16 bucks! So I'd get both but if you cant then get Mac if you really really want it that bad.

I'd take both lol but if I had to choose, I'd say the mac palette first and then the 88 palette. The only reason I have the 88 palette is bc it had so many colors to choose from but in reality, unless you wear very bright colors daily, it's not a huge asset in your collection. Plus, the mac one will definitely have better pigmentation and will probably set you better in the long run.

I meant that I was going to get 6 shadows to fill it to start and not fill it all at once.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyway possible we can weasel both for our bday? LOL
biggrin.gif
If not, I would get a MAC first Agreed.

Question on the 88/120/7,000,000 eyeshadow palettes - do they list the ingredients anywhere? The colours look awesome and bright but i don't want to put something on my face when I don't know what's in it!!

I'd go with MAC for your birthday - i always splash out on higher end brands on birthdays, less guilt!!!
biggrin.gif

Back