Makeup and girls..?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi girls,

i thought to write about my own experience about make up and girls..see im totally a makeup addict..i love all colours and stuff

but at work..theres this girl who gives me this look that she doesnt like my makeup..u know looks that implies that makeup is bad or for ugly people...

i really dont care though..its my own way of expressing myself and i love it...so who cares

did anyone has the same experience..just wondering?

we have quite a few threads about people who've experienced this!

I think we all have - part is jealousy I think, because it does take skill to apply nice makeup.

There are all sorts of things on the intenet to help you now though. I mean when i was hs (in the late 90s early 00s) there wasnt much a few charts but def no forums like this. Now there youtube ..i mean i found this site by googleing makeup looks (best thing i ever did)...I mean just follow directions LOL....practice practice practice

First, be yourself. Don't worry about if she doesn't like your makeup.

As far as looks, it can depend on where you work. Some loud colors could seem out of place. I've only had one experience with coworkers and makeup. A gal I worked with asked me if it was just her or if the new girl had on the wrong makeup. I said, yeah, wrong color foundation. Cause it her face this orange tint thing going on. So unless your using an obviously wrong foundation or something I can't see why. Also, it may not be your makeup, it could just be a personality conflict.

You're not the first to complain and you won't be the last. Some people would rather dislike than appreciate when they feel envious. Makeup to me is an art. It's fun, it's messy, it's creative, I love how I can be au naturale one day and va va voom the next or contour my face and accentuate the best of me and what I love. It's an endless addiction. Don't let that person get you down. As long as you're happy with it that's all l that matters. In the end of the day, you can just wipe it off
wink.gif

I think it also depends on the personality, people seem more conservative towards makeup, i know looks i consider classic and timeless like neutral and smokey are fine for them, but the same people will tell me there's no way they wear blue eyeshadow which to me can be just as dramatic as a black smokey eye.

I think you'll always find people to criticise your makeup in a bad way, doesn't mean you have to care about them.

Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are all sorts of things on the intenet to help you now though. I mean when i was hs (in the late 90s early 00s) there wasnt much a few charts but def no forums like this. Now there youtube ..i mean i found this site by googleing makeup looks (best thing i ever did)...I mean just follow directions LOL....practice practice practice i didnt mean they hate the way i put makeup..imeant they hate makeup in general..and they dont like to wear at all..they think its not natural..and girls who wear it arent true beauty

Yes, from my best friend! When I'm with her and I buy makeup she always HAS to say, every single time, that she doesn't need makeup. Now that makes me feel so ugly and insecure that I just don't want to talk to her sometimes. Yesterday I bought a benefit blush (and we all know how expensive those are) and her and my guy friend went on a rant about how only ugly people need makeup. Who cares? Makeup is addicting!

razzle girl i would never go shopping with her and if she ask why id tell her maybe that will make her quit

Yeah I will, because it's too far! When I was buying the blush she even told the sales person not to sell it to me =/ It's getting embarrassing.

I get the look most of the times, as if people want to tell me "that is an inappropriate look for the occasion." I definitely agree with you, make up is a form of self-expression. We shouldn't be judged by that, but if we are I don't think I will care. You go girl :)

Back