Are there any moisturizers that are non greasy with spf?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are there really any moisturizers out there that are non greasy and contain spf? I haven't found any so right now I have to use my moisturizer and then apply shiseido spf. I'd love to combine into 1 step.

I'm looking for a moisturizer with spf 30+ that isn't greasy to my skin. My skin is combo with the oily parts being really oily.

I've tried cetaphil (the spf 15 and 55), cetaphil sensitive spf 30, aveeno positively radiant with spf 30, biore dual fusion spf 30, neutrogena daily defense spf 45. These are the ones that come to me off the top of my head.

My next step is to try the olay complete.

Any other suggestions?

I only know of one with spf15, and it's a tad greasy (in fact i use it for my hands, they're so dry it's not a problem). I'd try the high brands in terms of sunscreen though, like Clarins, Vichy, La Roche Posay, i'm pretty sure they have a moisturizer combining spf.

Another thing you could do is apply your sunscreen before your moisturizer, i've tried that with my current sunscreen and my face doesn't look shiny or greasy when it does the other way around.

I actually don't have a problem with my moisturizer + the shiseido sunscreens. I'm just lazy and would prefer 1 step. Thanks I will look into those brands I just hate to buy something from a high end brand without knowing that it'd work so I'd love to hear from people who've used something that works.

It doesn't even have to be spf 30. Anything 20+?

what about neutrogena ultra sheer? they have a 30, 50, 70 and even 90 SPF version I think... and their product is called 'dry-touch' sunblock, so it has a powdery finish. I just bought it and its not super oily...

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif what about neutrogena ultra sheer? they have a 30, 50, 70 and even 90 SPF version I think... and their product is called 'dry-touch' sunblock, so it has a powdery finish. I just bought it and its not super oily... That's just a sunblock right? I don't have any problems with my current sunblock but am looking for a moisturizer that has spf included.

Do you like the hope? I haven't tried it yet but I was going to go to sephora to try a few things out.

I second the Neutrogena spray-on sunscreens - you can use that as a sunblock, and maybe aloe vera gel as moisturizer?

Vivant Day Treatment with spf 15 isn't greasy at all and is a super moisturizer. i use it daily.

Jane Iredale also has moisturizers with either 20 or 25 spf in them. I've not personally tried any but they aren't supposed to be greasy. both moisturizers you'd have to get from a spa or possibly a plastic surgery center (one around here retails Jane Iredale since it's safe to use after procedures)

Originally Posted by TOOFACED /img/forum/go_quote.gif kinerase lotion with spf35 is the best!! but it is pricey. Thanks kinerase is a bit out of my price range atm
smile.gif
I got a sample of hope in a jar with spf and I like it. I'm trying a couple of other moisturizers I got to sample from sephora too. Have to love sephora!

I had the same problem as you, I hated wearing two moisturizers especially when my skin would look too oily with it. I changed to DDF Mattifying moisturizer, which is a moisturizer with SPF that also help to mattify your face. In terms of mattifying, I haven't seen great results but moisturizer and spf have been great.

Originally Posted by Lipsticklullaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cetaphil is a good choice I found both the spf 15 and 50 cetaphil moisturizers to be quite greasy on my skin.

Have you tried applying your sunscreen alone ? I have tried this in the morning in the hopes to gain time, and it seems the moisture contained in my sunscreen provides enough for the day (i apply moisturizer at night though). I use the new anthelios sunscreen in a spray bottle from La Roche Posay.

My skin's really weird and dry in spots even though it's super oily in others. But that's a good idea. Maybe I am over moisturizing now that it's summer I may not need as much. I was just on automatic. I'll try that
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Smookynj /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mary Kay has one with SPF 25. They have a TM that's spf 30, the timewise moisturizer that's 15. The day solution is 25 but that's not really a moisturizer. Which one are you talking about?

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif They have a TM that's spf 30, the timewise moisturizer that's 15. The day solution is 25 but that's not really a moisturizer. Which one are you talking about? It must have been the MKMen. I knew there was a reason I didnt respond sooner. My fault.

Latest posts

Back