Your Hair - Through The Ages!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought it'd be a fun idea to make a thread of everyone's hairstyles 'through the ages'. I don't think I can find any earlier ones than from my 18th on the computer.

So....

Aged 18 - August 2006 - Au Natural

Aged 18 - March 2007 - Getting Longer!

Aged 19 - August 2007 - Dyed Red & Bobbed!

Aged 19 - April 2007 - Dyed Black, Longer & Layered

Aged 20 - August 2008 - Dyed Red & Choppy Layers

Aged 20 - February 2009 - Long & Short Madness!

Aged 20 - June 2009 - Pixied (& mohawkness)

Haha, so my hair's been through some transformations hasn't it!

Post yours now!!

marchmellow.gif

cute mohawk! fun thread too.

my hair hasn't changed that much, apart from when i had it black, this was when i was 14 to about 16..

smilee.jpg

Fusion047.jpg

i was such a goth.. feel free to laugh!

and then it was sort of growing out and weird for a few years, i was around 17-18..

mehaier2.jpg

then it grew all the way out, wore it big and wavy for a while

ootd8-1.jpg

and then i had it cut short like this!

hair3-1.jpg

smile.gif

July 09

IMG_0107480x640.jpg

Dark and fairly short

Feb 09

IMG_0799480x640.jpg

Blonde streaks + side fringe

Most of 2008

Picture001480x640.jpg

Long, straight, plain

Early 2008

DSCN7350.jpg

Bob/shortish

DSCN7186.jpg

Nothing interesting

June 2007

102_0259480x640.jpg

Posh 'Pob' - reverse bob

propic.jpg

I had a perm for a while, It didn't really turn out how I wanted at all

after.jpg

Almost black with a blunt fringe

i like you with a fringe rosie!!! LOL.. those goth days were long ago!

My natural hair colour, only picture I can find of it (I was about 7 haha)

2mnk4t5.jpg

Aged 14 - dyed black..oh dear.

34i5tas.jpg

And blue...also had black with blonde streaks but can't find pics.

i68524235_64579_3.jpg

I then got my first pair of extensions..they had like dipped blonde at the bottom (ew)

15qqm9f.jpg

Last month

97i5mo.jpg

Now

f9nwht.jpg

My real hair? Short then really long (hippy years) then short now thin... I could post my 20 favorite wigs! Lol

Those bangs are awesome, Rosie... Surprised you could see? And lol @ goth, Lucy! You said it was ok!
smile.gif
. Count me as a red bob fan!!

lol, Karren - I couldn't. I kept telling the guy to go shorter but I think he was a bit of a noob and didn't want to go too short in case I hated it. I could totally not see out. It looked good though I guess!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, Karren - I couldn't. I kept telling the guy to go shorter but I think he was a bit of a noob and didn't want to go too short in case I hated it. I could totally not see out. It looked good though I guess! haha wish I that problem!I always say I want an inch less off than I ACTUALLY want because my hairdresser goes mental and takes loads off!

hmm, I've dabbled in a few things. Lets see...

TYBDAY.jpg

8th Grade - 2003. hi-lights and scrunchy. not cute. lmao damn my teeth look really messed up.

blackhairbig.bmp

9th grade - 2005. Black! eeeek! looked pretty goth. stayed away from dark colors after this... natural light brown til about.......

me.jpg

11th grade - 2007. ghetto ass.... hmm yep this was the time when I really dug chola makeup. and look at those brows. dont judge me! lol but no, I like my hair long & dark....then I dyed it purpley red after this. I don't have any pictures on this computer tho...

yearsago.jpg

Senior Year - 2008. hi-lights again. these babies stayed around for like my whole senior year. I can't believe my cheap self kept them for so long.. These days, I'm all about doing my own hair with $5 dye lol. So yeah, eventually dyed over it light brown so I didn't have to get it done anymore. Kept this til Fall of 2008, when I started college.

hi.jpg

Sept 08.. Started wearing it wavy more and got more umm "daring" with my red choices..this was subtle.

abbme.jpg

Oct 08 - Bangs! I hadn't had then since I was little, so I wanted to try them. Only problem is, I have super bad uh "short & curlys" around my hair line, so good styled bangs only stuck around til I sweated them out or something lol. and they were only perfect when my stylist did them, but I never got the hang of it & have since gave up on them.

GIRLSSMALLER.jpg

Dec 08 - Ok heres where things got drastic for me. We were going on a trip to visit M'aleigh (girl at the top) at college and decided I wanted a change. So i got it cut short like 2 days before we left then dyed it this super bright akward red that just wasn't totally me. I mean it was chill,but that was NOT a fun weekend. I didn't know how to style layers, let alone short hair! It doesn't help that when you go to another school, you get noticed & put on a chopping block by all the dudes lol so i wasn't feeling myself one bit and I didn't like it.

pinkshirt.jpg

sometime at the beginning of 09.... color-fixed that beeeeezy & tried wearing my bangs straight, but they gave me a headache. thats when I said no mas!! give me my long bangs back!!!!

chineselookin.jpg

Summer 09. So I pretty much only wear it natural these days b/c I realized theres no point in fighting my wavy-ness, especially during the summer b/c my roots never fail to look jank. I dig it kinda messy at this point anyways. and you cant beat air drying!

sERIOUSLY mY hAir Has Always been around or maybe a bit longer than this its only straight Only difference I ever do is color from Blue Black to Brugundy n Back again lol Soooo Scared to cut it I only cut 5-7 inches when it gets longer but Im trying for it to be at my thighs

Picture072.jpg

Love the fifth pic style Laitaliana So Pretty

Lol that's my hair right now Monet. I want to cut it but I don't know what I want.

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif sERIOUSLY mY hAir Has Always been around or maybe a bit longer than this its only straight Only difference I ever do is color from Blue Black to Brugundy n Back again lol Soooo Scared to cut it I only cut 5-7 inches when it gets longer but Im trying for it to be at my thighs http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...Picture072.jpg

Love the fifth pic style Laitaliana So Pretty

*seethes with jealousy*
I had hair like that up until I was about 12...

It was so long I had to lift it up to sit down so I didn't sit ON it!

i can't find any pictures of my natural hair ha.

this was when i was about 13 or 14. i had my hair like this until after i was 15. boringgg.

but it was beautiful. :[

scary.jpg

then i put some pink and blonde extensions in. that lasted about 2 weeks. but they were nice.

this was probably about when i started with makeup.
tongue.gif

PICT0026.jpg

then i finally got somewhat of a style to it and put layers and bangs.

grama003.jpg

then i bleached the crap out of it until it turned orange and felt like cotton candy! yesssssss!

airduster.jpg

then i decided to put racoon stripes in it... ugh.

zebra.jpg

then i tried desparately to cover those horrible things and get that orange out of it.

window.jpg

light brown didn't quite work.

rainbow003.jpg

dark brown did :]

finally got it a decent color with no stripeys. but it was totally dead and crunchy and fell out on a day to day basis.

then one side was all scraggley and nasty and the other was only a little scraggley and nasty.

super001-1.jpg

so i decided to make it black again. i'm an idiot.

ajfhjf.jpg

then i grew that out for a while and decided getting an inverse bob would be the way to go so i had no more dead hair.

Picture2089555769.jpg

then i got it cut normal and stripped and colored brown.

it looked nice. and normal.

then i got highlites.

blondie023.jpg

then the day after that i decided that i wanted to go blonde.

Picture083.jpg

then i got red and brown in it.

picture052.jpg

then it faded out, and i actually really liked it.

picture599.jpg

but then i decided to go red. with a big blonde chunk. it looked stupid.

DSCF9772-.jpg

so, then i decided to go redder, with blonde streaks.

vibrant093.jpg

then i did a few shampoo caps and it toned down a lot.

nails001.jpg

then i attempted to make it brown again but it's still red.

no pictures though. because that was just the other day.

the end.

lol.

being in cos is pretty sweet. because it only costs like 10 dollars to do my hair.

i still don't know which way i like best.

Molly, you remind me of Jennie Garth with blonde hair. You look best with the highlights or the toned-down red color.

I need to post up my hair timeline, too!

I think I was going on 16 here...

Still 16..

Going on 17 here...

Senior pictures-- 17

Graduation! 18 with a bob and lots of highlights

Hired by Sephora, thought black would make my makeup stand out... still 18

Summertime, turned 19...

Went auburn and got married! Still 19...

Preggo and turning 20!

After this picture(taken in April), I went and dyed my hair auburn again but a different shade and now it's looking pretty crappy so I will be dying it soon after birth!
smile.gif

these are all so interesting!

I'm getting a trim tomorrow. Not sure whether to try the straight across fringe again or not.

Latest posts

Back