***Nailed It! MUT Nail Art Competition July 2009***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
nail-design-access-1.jpg

July 1st - August 1st 2009

Calling all nail junkies! This competition is for you! We have some budding nail artists out there on MUT and we want to see what you can do! This competition is to showcase your creativity, whether you're a professional nail artist or a novice, we'd like to see! Come up with a design based around the theme, apply it to your nail/s and post a picture and you'll go into the draw to win a konad nail stamping kit valued at $120! - Simple!

Goldset.jpg

Kit Includes:

• 7 large special konad polishes 10 ml (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, White, Pink)
  • 8 Image Plates (M5, M6, M7, M8, M9, M16, M22, M24)
  • 1 Stamp
  • 1 Scraper
  • 1 Rhinestone Pack
  • 1 image plate holder
  • Instructional CD

This competition is open to all members of MUT ,excluding moderators. Once the compeition is over, the winner will be contacted for their details and their prize will be shipped out the next business day.

The following items may be used to create your nail art design

Nail polish
Nail art pens
Nail paint
striping tape
Rhinestones
Decals*
Stampers**
Glitter
Shell
Foil
Sequins
Netting

*If using decals, the decal itself cannot be your entry design, it can be used in conjunction with your design but cannot solely be used as the design itself.

** Same rules apply with stampers as they do with decals.

How to submit your entry:

YOUR DESIGN MUST BE YOUR OWN WORK ON YOUR OWN NAIL/S!
This means applying the design to your nails yourself, you can replicate other designs you have seen, but it must be applied by you, to your nails. You may do a series of designs that tie in with the theme across all 5 nails, or you can do one singular design on one nail, it's up to you!

When submitting your entry, 3 photos will need to be included. (You may post more than one photo of your actual design, but only the one you nominate will be used for voting)

• A close up of your nail/s with your design
  • A shot of your entire hand with your MUT username written on the top of your hand
  • The items you used for your nail art design
    25062009069-2.jpg

25062009066-1.jpg

25062009072-1.jpg

*** CHALLENGE THEME ***

Secret Garden

Think.. flowers, butterflies, fairies, leaves, bugs, glitter...the possibilites are endless!

Inspiration photos

0409-tam-phung2.jpg

very-cutedesign.jpg

nails-in-design-3web.jpg

Nail-It-nail-art-420web2.jpg

nagelstudio-nail-heaven-2web.jpg

2780994533_7e59fbc946_o.jpg

2780994343_c6ab1d75f4_o.jpg

escada_pink_flower_2__nail_art_by_s.jpg

47bda44f90140390766066frogview-gall.jpg

2781805978_d0035663d9_o.jpg

4-4.jpg

fairy_collection.jpg

When you have made your entry, post it in the entry thread, found here.

Once your entry has been posted and is seen to have followed the competitions guidelines, you will be "thanked" by a mod. If your entry does not comply with the rules, your entry will be deleted.

At the end of the competition a poll will be made and will be open for 2 weeks for voting.

Good luck!!!

Wow this is so awesome, I wish I could do nail art like that! Good luck to everyone!

Looking forward to seeing your entries ladies
biggrin.gif
You don't have to have designs as fancy as above, they're just there for inspiration. It could just be a coloured themed design, it doesn't have to be intricate - as long as it fits in with the theme, you can do anything!

Thank you for clarifying some things for me
biggrin.gif

I finally have some days off - time to work on my entry!!
glasses.gif

does it have to be your natural nails or can you do it on acrylics?

Bah, I'd love to enter, but I just don't have the time (or supplies, actually, lol) to do my nails.

I AM looking forward to seeing all the entries, though!!

Originally Posted by mollydolly /img/forum/go_quote.gif does it have to be your natural nails or can you do it on acrylics? That's fine
smile.gif
Remember has to be your own work though!

Just a quick question..

If we put in an entry (I did one, but not totally happy with it) can we change it? Orrr would it be better to just wait and not enter anything until you're (me) happy with it? I will hopefully get a chance to work on a better entry tomorrow, but just wondering if I don't yet, should I enter what I have and just change it later if I come up with something better?

If you can decipher my question out of that, that would be great
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Delaynee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just a quick question..
If we put in an entry (I did one, but not totally happy with it) can we change it? Orrr would it be better to just wait and not enter anything until you're (me) happy with it? I will hopefully get a chance to work on a better entry tomorrow, but just wondering if I don't yet, should I enter what I have and just change it later if I come up with something better?

If you can decipher my question out of that, that would be great
biggrin.gif

I'd probably wait til you are happy with your design, there's still a little while to go before the comp ends, so give yourself that extra time to get your entry to where you're happy
smile.gif

Cant wait to see the entries. I have never tried nail art but I will give it a try and see how I get on..

I saw this kit up close and personal (my little niece got one) this past weekend at a kiosk at the mall. It does some amazing looking nail art in a second. This is a great prize. I am wondering? I do not have long nails, does it have to be fingernails? Or could we do our toes?

I don't see why not! If you'd like to do your toes go for..just remember to write your username on your foot lol

mannn i spent all afternoon on my design and now i can't get a good focused picture of my nails for the life of me!
scared.gif

Im going to try this one
smile.gif

I have a question... does everyone that enters get a chance at winning the prize? Or does the person that wins the poll get it?

Im no expert but I want to give it a chance... and just wonder even if I don't win, do I still have a chance?

Everyone that enters this comp has a chance of winning. Whoever gets the most votes on the poll wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back