ACV vs Tea Tree Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reading through the posts about using Apple Cider Vinegar for acne. I am wondering if anyone has used Tea Tree Oil, and how they compare. I am currently using Derma E Tea Tree and Vitamin E oil, which seems to be helping a little, but I think it is still too early to really tell. I want to try ACV to see if I get better results, but it would be good to know if others have tried both, and what outcomes they got.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to MUT, Mona! I'm Lisa from Texas.

I've never tried the ACV but I do like tea tree oil. I prefer a tea tree/ lavender solution for acne. Here's a good toner with both in it...

click here

Be sure to follow with a good moisturizer.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Welcome to MUT, Mona! I'm Lisa from Texas.
I've never tried the ACV but I do like tea tree oil. I prefer a tea tree/ lavender solution for acne. Here's a good toner with both in it...

click here

Be sure to follow with a good moisturizer.

Thanks Lisa!
I will definately try that out. I am thinking of using grapeseed oil as moisturizer. I am trying to use as much natural stuff as I can.

Natural is an excellent route to go! I'm currently using Eminence Rosehip Whip moisturizer with great results. I am so loving it! It has really helped calm down my oily skin and feels so lightweight yet refreshing. I was given some samples of it by my esthetician and when they run out I am gonna buy a jar for sure!

Eminence Products

I use Tee tree oil often than ACV, because ACV's smell is pretty strong.

Both of it could prevent acne/pimple before they become breakouts and also has an antiseptic quality. But, Tea tree oil can also be used on top of makeup, so I like it better.

Currently I'm using Acne Barrier tee tree oil Medicated Spot Treatment.

I use ACV as a toner. I've been using it for 'bout a week. On my 1st & 2nd day, it nearly completely clear the ance on my forehead(I have a lot of small blemishes on my forehead). However, after the first 2 days, the blemishes came back & the acv no longer helps. On the rest of my face, I see no change in the amt. of blackheads or acne. As for tea tree oil, I have used them in the form of ance fighting products but don't find that they work.

I use DDF BPGel with Tea Tree Oil and it really helps get rid of my acne. I think ACV may be a bit harsh and may dry your skin out.

Thanks for all the help. I have been using ACV for the past couple days, along with the tea tree I was already using and I am seeing a difference in my skin. A lot of my pre-existing acne is dissapearing, hopefully it continues working.

Combine Tea Tree Oil and ACV, so that you wont have a problem. Gonna try this
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried this tea tree oil toner a while back, but i stopped when a friend of mine told me that tea tree oil when applied anywhere stimulates hair growth... although i dont know how true that it..

Back