Can anyone suggest a good tinted moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm currently using Cover girl smoothers but its breaking me out bad when I sweat and it comes off after a few hours. I'm not looking for any foundation or concealer just something to cover up the redness which cover girl does but is no good after a while.

Any suggestions would be great
smile.gif

Try a couple drops of your favorite foundation in your favorite moisturizer.. And make your own..

I've tried that in the past, but I stopped using foundation never could find the right shade, trust me I've gone through them all pretty much. I'm not picky about covering anything up, but tinted moisturizer helps with the redness.

If you don't really need foundation or concealer, Makeup Forever's green primer works wonders on redness... the MA at Sephora showed me. I was pretty impressed. Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is great too... not sure if it would help redness though.

Wet n wild is good or you can just mix your current foundation with moisturizer.

Yes the Wet N Wild one is great! Don't be put off by the low price. My mom uses it and it looks really good!

Additionally, there is a Eucerin redness-relieving cream that is green-tinted and doesn't leave your skin with a whitish cast. It's the best I've ever seen (and you don't need to use an additional moisturizer underneath it).

You can try Mary Kay. I wore it a coupe of times to the club and it never came off. My face is sensitive and they never break me out as well.

The only tinted moisturizer I've ever liked was by Bobbi Brown. It was yellow enough for me lol. It evened out my skin nicely and got rid of the redness but it is pricey, about 40 bucks. I always make my own with my regular foundation and my daily moisturizer.

With tinted moisturizer you have to have the right shade correct? I wonder if the one I've been using is okay, because by the end of the day my face is a tad orange
idea.gif

I use Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15. I'm MAC NC30 (winter) and NC35 (summer) and use the Beige shade. I found Neutral to be too dark. I love it bc you really don't need a lot. If you use the MAC 187 to apply it, a pea size for your forehead and another pea size for your cheeks, jawline, chin and nose is all you need.

I heard a lot of good recs about Benefit's Tinted Mosturizers! I know it comes with a big tube too!

Is BB cream available in the US? It's a type of tinted moisturizer which is supposed to be better for acne-prone skin and it's really popular in Asia now. Lots of Asian brands make it now. I'm using Hanskin's cream which I rather like. However I don't wear makeup every day so I'm not sure how it is with daily usage.

I've tried a few but my favorite is Px's custom blend tinted moisturizer. It is a little pricy but the only one that is my color match, doesn't break me out, feels light on my skin. It evens out my skin tone.

Good Luck!

Dermalogica has tinted moisturizers that are great. I would suggest you give it a try and see how it works on your skin. If you are breaking out, then this will be a light solution. Foundation can be heavy and if you have oily skin, depending on the moisturizer, that can be heavy as well. With Dermalogica, they specialize in skin care - not makeup - so you will get a product that will not damage your skin or make you break out in any way. It can be costly though, but worth it. It is a very reputable skin care line. Sample it at an authorized store and see how you feel with it on throughout the day and whether it covers up the redness that you are worried about.

Let me know how it works out!

makeupbyanita.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the advice I will check them all out and see which one is the best for me!!

Originally Posted by timebomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm currently using Cover girl smoothers but its breaking me out bad when I sweat and it comes off after a few hours. I'm not looking for any foundation or concealer just something to cover up the redness which cover girl does but is no good after a while.
Any suggestions would be great
smile.gif

I use dewydefense (one word). It's great! I don't have to wear foundation. It has 30 spf and matches matches any skin tone. It makes the skin look dewy but not greasy and I've been using it for a couple of years now...love it!

Neutrogena's healthy skin enhancer!! It's great I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers like cg, stila, laura mercier, and i really like this one. Good price, around $11 and it stays on, evens out tone, and is sheer at the same time. Plus it has like 30 spf i think! or 15? But is so good.

Originally Posted by timebomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif With tinted moisturizer you have to have the right shade correct? I wonder if the one I've been using is okay, because by the end of the day my face is a tad orange
idea.gif
I've been told that happens as the day goes by because of your face oils.

i read in an interview ashley greene recommended shisheido tinted moisturizers...i want to test it out as well

Back