OPI-" Oh-Pee-Aye" or "Oh-Pee"??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is strictly nail talk lol, feel free to move!

I know this is a bit of a moot point... but it occured to me today that I'm pronouncing OPI as "oh-pee" when it's actually the acronym O.P.I! Does anyone else say it like "oh-pee" or do you sound out the actually letters and say "oh-pee-aye"?

Also, what does O.P.I stand for? "Outrageous Polish Inside?" LOL
biggrin.gif

lol You are not alone, I'vev heard many people refer to OPI as Oh-Pee - even people in my industry god forbid!

I've always said each letter. Oh - Pee - Eye and if you look on any OPI bottle there are full stops between each letter. I have a friend who refuses to think that is is pronounced this way and still says Oh- Pee. Drives me up the wall!

I pronounce each letter. As for what it stands for, I have no idea.

I pronounce it oh-pee too lol. I looked it up and it doesn't even stand for anything pretty.

"Odontorium Products, Inc"

I'll sitck with oh-pee!

I say all three letters
smile.gif

Adrienne, that is a really ugly thing for it to stand for. I feel scammed! LOL

I say all three letters too... I never really thought about saying it like "oh-pee" ...

I say Oh-Pee. I realized a while back that it should really be Oh-Pee-Aye. But oh well. I've already formed a habit of saying it the other way.

I consider it a word and pronounce it "oh-pee." Just like I wouldn't pronounce NATO as "en-ay-tee-oh."

i feel uncool now, i need to train myself to say oh pee aye!! lol

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif is nyx supposed to be "nix"??? Yes it is.

Well at least I say that right. I think "nix" sounds so much cooler than N Y X lol.

soo.. M.A.C or "mak"? LOL

that's obviously "mak" , please tell me it is or my whole pronunciation will go out of the window..

Back