Would you embrace the upcoming browless trend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
16eyebrows-600.jpg

AT a recent party at the downtown club China Chalet, two attendees stood out from the rest of the hipsters. Among those gathered to see the group Salem perform were two individuals who, at first glance, had no eyebrows.

Forget shaping and plucking. The newest trend in eyebrows is to get rid of them altogether, either by bleaching them into oblivion or by shaving them off. The look has cropped up across the fashion world and is trickling to the streets. It was a conspicuous trend on the fall and haute couture runways, on models like Lara Stone and Iris Strubegger, and is now reflected in magazine and advertising images.

In the new Givenchy advertising campaign, shot by Mert & Marcus, a bevy of male and female models recline in an opulent French chateau. Without brows, they are inscrutable, alienlike mannequins. Depending on the viewer, they exude serenity or menace. This is an atypical description of one of the stars, the curvy Adriana Lima, best known for her work for Victoria’s Secret.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/fa...=2&ref=fashion

what's next, no eyelashes?
kopfkratz.gif

Ewwwww.. Make crossdressing more difficult.. Have to buy some prosthetic male glue on eye brows! Lol.

After all that time spent shaping them correctly ? Hell, no ! I'll cover them up for an evening out, but bleaching or shaving is out of the question !!

that sounds quite frightening! but my eyebrows are actually so light (for being black) that I lightly fill them in w/powder so they look VISIBLE.

Im already part of the trend. Have been for about 10 years now hahahahahahaa. I started it! Kidding. There's actually a story behind me. A funny, yet pathetic story. You see, I had my back turned to a kid in the street that was practicing his tongan church dance with a metal pole. We were a good 30f away when it happend. My sister's eyes got huge and she ducked. Because I'm an ass, I turned to see why she was ducking and BAM!! Hit, right on the brow bone. There was no pain. I was bleeding like a SOB and my dad was freaking out hahahahahaa. My mom had to come home and take me to the ER. After it all healed, I noticed that the brow didnt match my other brow. So I plucked trying to make it match. I over plucked, so I tried to make the other one match, and i totally messed them up. Theres scar tissue so the hair wont grow there, & because I way over plucked, my other one wont grow back right. I'm cool with it though, It's a funny story to me hahahahahaa. I have eyebrow, they're not completely gone, but it's not how I would like to have them

Latest posts

Back