Strange male?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Adam and I only really joined to tell others about my experience with nail polish but maybe I could meet some friendly people too. I would like to tell a little about myself first though. Ive just recently turned 22, I'm currently undertaking a research project in plant disease and resistance at the molecular level for my PhD and my only real hobby is bodybuilding. I like to think of the research as exercise for the mind. In short, my peers see me as a manly guy.

Anyway the actual story

When I was drinking with my sister she asked to paint my toe nails and I replied with why not (after all any female who sees me with my socks off wont be questioning my sexual orientation - apart from maybe my mum, haha!)? Anyway the next day I was in the shower thinking hmm, my feet dont actually look completely distgusting. So after about 10 days I removed it and my toes felt a bit bare.

Then just recently I was waiting for a plane which turned out to be 3 hours late! So to kill some time I decided to get some nail polish and paint them while waiting - odd! Anyway to cut the story short I just bought 4 different colours of polish and I think I love nail polish.

I would never paint my finger nails though, unless I married a woman who wanted me to (not in public though - well maybe if we had a bet on the go or something)

Basically I've decided I love having my toe nails painted; they look so much cleaner and arent so boring! I also take better care of my feet now - which I'm sure cant be bad!!!

Anyway I was wondering about other peoples opinions and views on the subject and since I've moved house where I know about 2 people (one of which is my boss) I was hoping to meet some people here who can give me some nail painting advice and tips, haha or even just random chat.

Apologies for the long post,

Adam

Hi and welcome Adam. We have a section dedicated completely to nails here in our forum so plenty of advice there. You'll find that we here have no problems with men wanting their nails painted
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MachineofGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you had a boyfriend who painted his toe nails would you be distgusted? That would totally depend on the woman. Some people like it and some dont just like some women only prefer tall men while others dont. You remind me of many other men who have come on here who want someone to say its ok to wear nailpolish/makeup. Not everyone likes men who are into that but at the end of the say you need to be happy with yourself and be comfortable with yourself.

Thanks, its just im completely comfortable with it and myself (to be honest im a self confessed ego-maniac; better to know your an ego maniac and do something to help it than remain oblivious to it) but "these" women fall into different categories which then have different percentages.

In addition most women who likes a guy who bodybuilds, and I weigh in at about 185 pound at 5 foot 7 (11-13% body fat) is unlikely to also like a guy that likes his toe nails painted. Whats the percentage in that group?

Also is it true that the women who like this body type are diminishing in number and increasing in age?

From a search I think trolling is an internet term for provocative conduct, if this is so then I dont believe this to be true.

This is my second time writing on a forum and the other is my favourite band (1 post). Maybe its our differing sense of humour or ideas about what is misconduct.

Anyway the reason I decided to post here was because most of my friends have let me down really bad recently and I feel a bit alone away from home. Anyway it was my female friends who were genuine and honest with me and Ive kind of given up on all hope on all male friends apart from a few - i think its because of the social group I hang about with (another notch on the bed post, always trying to one up each other, etc kinna guys)

And to be honest im sick of it; its childish and immature

Ok maybe I should ask this question, and this will make things a bit clearer for me: what color do you like to paint them? Is it the run of the mill goth black that most men do? Or do you mean like other colors?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with my husband painting his toenails, if it made him happy. Actually I've tried to convince him to let me paint them before just for fun. I think if a girl really likes you, she won't care- and it could even be a shared interest. If you're nervous about it, you could suggest a pedicure session and broach the topic then.

Latest posts

Back