How many foundations do you own? [Mac related]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So yes, how many foundations do you have?

And how many from those that you actually wear them on a regular basis??

I've always been using MAC's studio fix powder but now I really want to get a liquid foundation..

I love love Studio Fix Fluid's coverage but then again, I don't think I need that much coverage for everyday, like going to school/work etc.. It'd be great for night time though.. So I was thinking of getting MAC's Mineralized Satinfinish Liquid Foundation which i love the effect on my face (slightly dewy & fresh looking).. but the coverage is so light. Are they buildable? And I'm using my Studio Fix powder to set them anyway which has good coverage.. I'm so confused, I am very tempted to get both but hopefully wont. Which do you guys think I should get?

I dont recommend MAC foundations because they make me break out. I just use Revlon colorstay and mix with my moisturizer.

I don't use mac foundations for the same reason. I've tested some samples and it always broke me out.

I think I own maybe 5-7 foundations? I know I own 5 for a fact.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont recommend MAC foundations because they make me break out. I just use Revlon colorstay and mix with my moisturizer. What moisturizer do you use? I have oil of olay combination and tried to make a tm out of colorstay and the foundation turned out into tiny thick chunky bits that didn't settle or mix with my moisturizer.

Thanks girls, I heard a lot about this breaking out problem.. Is it only for liquid ones?, cuz I've been using the powder and my face is fine.. Anyway it's really really hard to get the perfect foundation and it always takes days to get the right shade and I just finally found the perfect shade at MAC thats why I never really looked at other brands. Hehe.. I heard great reviews on Revlon's ColourStay though..

I have Px Custom Blend, Px Virtual Skin (which is awesome), Px custom tinted moisturizer, Px brand new liquid mineral make-up (which is awesomer yet), Px powder mineral make up, a MAC Skinfinish I think, and Bobbi Brown Skin foundation. I like them all, except I think the MAC one is a little too yellow for me but I got it at CCS so I can't take it back.

Just 3. Two ColorStay(one I am currently using and the other is the wrong shade), and 1 ColorStay active(I don't use this since it broke me out). I am saving the two I don't use for swatching.

Graftobian my everyday foundation

Makeup Forever HD

MAC Studio Fix Fluid

L'oreal Hip custom blend, something I made myself

I broke out with the select foundation so i avoid MAC foundations too. I own two foundations, which i use regularly.

I have MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation that I don't like, but it doesn't break me out, it just isn't for me because it oxidizes really quick on me, but that's because i'm oily. I have also tried samples of a few other MAC foundations and they did not break me out, and I have sensitive skin. Drugstore brands break me out. Weird, huh? is the Studio Fix powder worth it, cause I am thinking about it too?

MAC foundations are terrible imo. I did find one I like though, the newest one...MAC Studio Sculpt. It's very moisturizing but the thing that I like is that you can layer this foundation without looking cakey. You can have medium to full coverage depending what you want.

I never break out and Satinfinish broke me out like crazy after only two uses, btw.

Besides mineral foundations I have 4 foundations. The Studio sculpt one, MUFE HD foundation in shades 118 & 120, also Diorskin Airflash.

I love Airflash, also HD is great for me.

I've broken out from every MAC foundation I've used, so I gave up on them. I keep trying Sculpt and hoping my skin will get use to it or something, but even that one breaks me out like crazy. I own 7 foundations, but I only use my Pur Minerals and MUFE foundations regularly.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont recommend MAC foundations because they make me break out. I just use Revlon colorstay and mix with my moisturizer. Same here. I can't wear none of their stuff. It's 2 heavy for me.

I have two foundations: MUFE Mat Velvet (my absolute favorite!)and MUFE Duo Mat powder. I also have Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and sometimes use MAC MSF Natural as foundation.

Back