Esthetics / Cosmetology licensing question.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i will have my cosmetology hours TOMORROW!

i need to sign up to take my state boards and my temporary license.

and i don't know how. i can't find any phone numbers or any info on how to schedule taking my test. :[

also, i was looking to continue my education in esthetics.

come to find out, the schoo li wanted to attend doesn't offer esthetics, just cosmetology.

which i already have.

but the woman on the phone made it seem like i could be liscensed in esthetics by going there. and taking cosmetology. which i think she was just trying to convince me to come to school there.because she stopped trying after i told her i was licensed.

in new york, to be licensed in cosmetology you need 1000 hours.

for esthetics, you need 600.

so i was thinking maybe since cosmetology covers basic esthetics the 600 hours was covered in it? but that doesn't seem right to me.

so if you have any idea how i can

-and somehow get licensed in esthetics

i'd also like to know any other jobs i could get with only an esthetics license, no other training.

i know it can get you a job in a salon doing facials and makeup, but what about working under a dermatologist?

let me know! :]

Yeah.. 2 in PA but only a year in WV!! Lol. I have lots of licenses.. And now I have to take 15 hours of. professional development each year just to be able to re-register..

that sucks. i think i can just get it renewed every two years

but i think you need to pass the test if you wait like a certain amount of time?

i'm not sure.

i found all the stuff i needed though to regester.

:]

Latest posts

Back