Eye makeup remover help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
I have tried a few eye makeup removers and I am finding that all of them make my eyelids burn. Does anyone have suggestions for a good sensitive skin eye makeup remover? I generally don't wear waterproof so I don't need heavy duty stuff.

I use Neutrogena's oil-free makeup remover and it doesn't irratate my eyes but then again I'm not very sensative..

Mary Kay has a good one and you dont have to use alot of cotton balls to get it off either.

Sephora brand eye makeup remover is gentle. I use the waterproof one but I would think the regular one would be gentle as well.

Thank you for the answers so far. I'm going to check these out.
biggrin.gif

Girl the best eye make up remover of all times is VASELINE!!!! And I know it because I have sensetive skin.

it will not make ur eyes burn because its just plain old jelly + it comes off really really good and fast and its cheap!

This is not only a great make up remover but also a eye moisturizer, lip moisturizer and in overal a body moisturizer!!!

Go get it! i cannot live without it!

vaseline is great for sensetive skin like ours, or eyes as I may say. So go ahead and don't waste ur money on that other sh*t because they just don't work as good as vaseline!!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sweet almond oil + warm water (equal amounts) on a cotton pad
smile.gif
Oooh that sounds simple. I'll have to try it. The older I get the more stuff bothers my skin or so it seems. I'll get some of that oil and try it and let you know. Thank you.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Olive oil and water for me... I am guessing most light oils would be a possible substitutes as long as they are ok for the eye area.

I veryy much love Rimmel's makeup remover. It gets rid of all my makeup and it's very gentle! Pretty inexpensive, too~

I tried an Almay one and when I used it, it worked and didn't burn, however I was very sloppy with it and got it in my eyes so I had this oily film over my eyes for about an hour.
lol.gif
Guess it's not Dalylah-proof. I'm going to check out these others, thanks ladies.

I got a sample from "la roche posay" at the pharmacy -Physiological Micellar Solution.

La-Roche-Posay-Physiological-Micellalar-Solution.jpg

It's amazing stuff and very good for sensitive skin/eyes. It cleanses eyes/face and lips.

I will def buy a bottle!

I tried a sample too, i confirm it's very nice !! Another french brand called Uriage makes one too, but i know it's hard to get that stuff in the U.S.

I use olive oil to gently break down the eye makeup, and then I wash my face as usual(cleanser and a terry cloth wash cloth). Works for me.

Back