Wedding Day Makeup Questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Makeup experts. I'm new to the board with a few questions.....

I'm getting married in approximately two months. My dress has a low back and I have a few blemishes that I want to cover. So I purchased the Dermablend body cover cream and the setting powder. I have never used it. How well does it work? Meaning will it rub off any on guests (when hugging) or on my dress? Or is there something else you recommend?

I'm also wearing lashes. I usually use the duo lash adhesive if I remember correctly, however I will be crying a great deal (I'm a crybaby
laughs.gif
). I want something that will stay on no matter how much I cry. Will the duo that I've been using hold up or what do you recommend?

I can't give any advice on the dermablend but I've heard it's heavy duty stuff. Now the duo lash glue is the only glue I will use with false eyelashes. I'm very sure it'll stay thru all the tears
smile.gif

i do not reccomend puttin foundation all over your body because it will come on urr beautiful dress and u'll look fake + just wear a waterproof mascara and use a good eyelash curler. do not over do it, ur husband won't like looking at you as a clown or fake, because he and other people will notice! You have natural beauty, do not worry! Keep the foundation sheer and keep the lashes real. I heard those fake lashes can make your lashes fall out + they don't hold thatt well, expecially if u are a ''crybaby''.

Good luck hun! =)

P.s. For blemishes use a concealer.

I would stick with the duo lash adhesive, and also get your MOH or MOB to carry an extra tube in case of emergencies.

Don't forget to re-powder ocassionally to prevent shinyness..

I've heard dermablend is hardcore too, in fact, I think one member here described it as bombproof? LOL

Dermablend is fine and doesn't rub off on clothing. It's waterproof as well, so it lasts through tears and sweat! I use Dermablend to cover tattoos on brides and it does a great job, and it works wonderfully to cover scars and birthmarks, even port wine birth marks! Just be careful when applying the setting powder, you only need a light dusting.

oh yeah - also, def. trial the stuff before your big day. Try it out with a strapless top or something and see how you go

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would stick with the duo lash adhesive, and also get your MOH or MOB to carry an extra tube in case of emergencies.
Don't forget to re-powder ocassionally to prevent shinyness..

I've heard dermablend is hardcore too, in fact, I think one member here described it as bombproof? LOL

bombproof.... pretty much lol It's full on stuff!

Oh I'm so glad I found this thread. I had a tattoo that I would like to occasionally cover so I'm going to check out the Dermablend too. You ladies are so full of info!

Yes I heard the same about Dermablend. It was recommended to me to cover up my tattoo's 4 my friends wedding this weekend. If I find a good match I'll let you kno how it works.

Everyone thanks for your replies. BeBe I have never ever lost natural lashes because of my false eyelashes. And I don't wear a lot of makeup everyday, but this is my wedding day. I'm not going to overdo it though, but because of the large amount of pics and everything I will probably be more made up than normal. I just wanted to make sure about the dermablend. I am going to test it out with another shirt. I may not even worry about it though because I'm thinking my hair will cover it most likely anyway.

I couldn't find my shade in Dermablend but my bride got the regular foundation and it rubbed off. I'm lighter than her so I used my regular foundation and it held up great. We tried to rub it off with a paper towel and it would not come off til I washed it off that night.

Dermablend is waterproof and does not rub onto your clothes. I agree with some of the other suggestions. Try it before your big day. Wear something white and see how it lasts the whole day and if it rubs onto the clothing. Good Luck!!
smile.gif

Congrats on your wedding
smile.gif

I always use DUO with my false eyelashes too and it's always held up... but if there's some really wet weather or if I think I might end up crying that day I steer clear of falsies. I trust DUO but what if you cry off your eyelashes and then it's just sitting on your cheek or something? I'd be horrified lol. Its all up to you but I think I would stick to a good waterproof mascara. It will look just as pretty in pictures and you won't have to worry as much. You shouldn't be worrying about your lashes staying on your eyes during your big day, you know?

I just know that's how I am. I'd be so paranoid about it lol I'd be itching to pull out a little mirror and check constantly.

Originally Posted by dst10spr97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Makeup experts. I'm new to the board with a few questions.....
I'm getting married in approximately two months. My dress has a low back and I have a few blemishes that I want to cover. So I purchased the Dermablend body cover cream and the setting powder. I have never used it. How well does it work? Meaning will it rub off any on guests (when hugging) or on my dress? Or is there something else you recommend?

I'm also wearing lashes. I usually use the duo lash adhesive if I remember correctly, however I will be crying a great deal (I'm a crybaby
laughs.gif
). I want something that will stay on no matter how much I cry. Will the duo that I've been using hold up or what do you recommend?

Congrats on the wedding plans Soror!!! Been a while since we talked....I'm so out of the loop...LOL

Back