Everyday Minerals pressed powders vs. loose powders

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there
wave.gif

I recently ordered the sample kit from Everyday Minerals because I'm tired of putting on makeup that I know isn't good for skin. I've tried the loose powder foundations and I like them but I would like better coverage. I have a lot of acne scars and was wondering if maybe the pressed powders would give better coverage. The concealer doesn't really seem to do anything
11dh.gif

I've also been applying the samples with a kabuki brush. If I bought the flat top brush from Everyday Minerals would that make a difference in coverage?

Although I haven't tried the pressed powders, I can attest that the loose powders offer excellent coverage. Once you find the right shade, then order samples of all the various finishes, such as matte, original glo, semi matte and intensive. It may be that you need the heavier coverage that intensive offers. Also, when applying this makeup, less is better. Just apply lightly a layer at a time. I usually need two layers, then the blush and finally the finishing powder. Then I just pat my face with a damp washcloth for a more dewey finish. Many spritz, but I find this easier and quicker.

I think the flat top brush gives better coverage. When I finally found all my correct colors, I ordered the $50 kit. You get 12 full size items and that figures out to a little more than $4 per item, a real bargain. This allowed me to stock up on plenty of nice brushes.

Everyday Mineral's brushes are great--very soft and the quality is quite good. Give the flat top a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the finish it gives.

I personally use intensive and it has really nice coverage without irritations of some other makeup. The brush definitely makes a difference in application for me.

I posted another thread on the pressed recently. Yes, I felt the pressed offered quicker and more opaque coverage than even the intensive in fewer coats. I also have a lot of red and purple post acne pigmentation and it covered it quickly. I used my flat top from pur minerals so that may also have had to do something with it. I only use tops 2 layers and I'm out the door...and Im a girl who likes coverage. I hate transparent foundation because I dont see purpose- foundation is meant to cover otherwise why wear it! I found the finish to be not as glowy as the oglo, but not as matte at intensive either. I thought the finish was realistic and just right. HTH!

I have not tried the pressed powders. You should try the intensive formula as it offers great heavy coverage. I think using the flat top brush also gives better coverage. I just spritz my brush before dipping into the jar. I find that this gives a more dewy look and it looks less powdery too. I apply two coats and if I still have some scars showing then I just take a small brush and apply the foundation onto those areas. This works better than using the concealers.
smile.gif

pressed powders is just to finish the touch or for retouching and concealer is to conceal.... natural kabuki brush is better applicator.

I too have acne scars, to get a really good coverage I first apply the foundation on each pimple/scar with a concealer brush, then I apply the foundation all over my face. I find that the EDM intensive range gives the best coverage, but I will try the compact as they may be even better.

I didn't see much difference in terms of cover between EDM's concealers and intensive foundation. I however use some of their colour correctors, not for pimples/scars but to lighten the area around my eyes.

Yea, like other people have said above. I use a concealer brush to apply loose powder to my scarrings, then pack on powder elsewhere with a kabuki.

I used to buy the Everyday Minerls loose powders, but have recently discovered Maybelline's loose powders.. it's a lot cheaper and gets the job done just as effectively.

Latest posts

Back