I Made This: A Few Reconstructions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now i spend my time sewing, DIY'ing, and, well blogging too lol. BUT - reconstructing clothes is super fun!

Here's a few that i did:

P1014473_resize.jpg

This is the summer dress that i made, ( this is not a re-con btw) like the one i posted here without the ruffles, in baby blue.

P1014464_resize.jpg

This one is a pastel pink ex-maternity top, i reconstructed it, made it smaller, cut the sleeves and made them shorter, and added the bow detail on the sides of the sleeves, and put some elastic in the back of it to adjust it to make it tighter in the waist area.
P1014461_resize.jpg

This was a sweatshirt that was WAY too big for me, so i turned it into a cropped sweatshirt and added some blue fabric to the neck and waist, from another maternity top that i reconstructed, not shown in here btw, forgot to take pictures of it.
P1014459_resize.jpg

This is another maternity top that i reconstructed, it went from an XXL size to XS. It had long sleeves, and i cut them to shorten them, and added the bow to the chest area. (It had a bow on the lower right side/hip area, and i took it off to put it on the chest)
P1014453_resize.jpg

(i know i'm short but i look way too short in pictures haha)

P1014451_resize.jpg

This is a navy blue top that i made out of a turtle neck shirt that used to be my husband's. It didn't fit him anymore, cause it shrunk too much, so i reconstructed it and cut the turtle neck off, to turn it into a slide off the shoulder one and added bows/ribbons to the elbows.
P1014449_resize.jpg

P1014440_resize.jpg

This one is the "tunic" shirt that i made, like the one i posted here, i reconstructed it from a man's shirt size XL and turned it into this, i cut the sleeves of to make them smaller and used the leftover fabric to make the belt/cord that goes around the waist, i also used some leftover fabric from the sleeves, the cuffs, to make the ruffles on the front.
Sorry no before photos, but in the heat of the moment, the only thing that i thought about was -sew sew! haha.

I also made:
Wide Linen Black Pants
I had this project in mind for a while, and finally i had some time last weekend and i made myself some wide leg black linen pants, i love wide leg pants and i just had to make myself some, i am not sure if you can see the detail from the side, they are tie pants, they have a tie on the side, i am really happy with how they turned out, they are so comfy too! and they are now on the list of my favorite pants.

P1014879-1.jpg
P1014750-1.jpg

And a DIY Project for some shoes that i had that i no longer used:
mohop-spring1.jpg

{Image via Mohop.com}

When i first saw these shoes, i thought they were gorgeous, when i knew how they made them, i thought they were clever AND gorgeous!
They are handmade shoes, and the person that makes them uses birch plywood, and recycled tires to make these shoes, i had been wanting a pair since i saw them! With these shoes you can make a million and one combinations of different styles, {with the same pair of shoes!}, so you can have a 1001 and more possible combinations that you can do on your own with them {see here}, and that, is amazing.
So, since i had a two pairs of shoes that didn't fit me anymore, they got too big on my feet for some reason, and i couldn't wear them anymore, every time i walked with them they would come off and that annoyed me, I decided i would make my own version of the mohop shoes!
I still haven't bought enough stuff to do all kinds of things with them and add to them, the styles i am about to show, that i've done with mine are pretty basic, but that gives you an idea of what you can do with those shoes that you no longer want, or think you should get rid of, - don't throw them away! just alter them instead
wink.gif

Cut the straps off your shoes, then put on the tacks/nails on the sides of your shoes, separating them about 5 cms apart, looping the elastic on every nail/tack, like it's shown in the picture below:

You also need either crazy glue, hot glue, or any other glue that holds strongly [especially made for shoes i suppose]

This is how they will look without the ribbons on:

And this is the end result:

Of course you can add more detail to it, by adding flowers or different types of ribbon, jewelry, feathers, bows, or anything that comes to your mind, all you need is creativity. For now, that is all i did to mine, but i plan on styling them differently by adding other things, and using different types or ribbon etc to decorate them, it's a lot of fun!

For more ideas you can check out the Mohop Shoes Gallery.

i cant see the pics for some reason, but i can see the shoes! they're amazing!

Yeah... I can only see the shoes too, Nuri and they are utterly awesome!! You are so talented!!

wow!!! Awesome, Nuri!! Love the dress and love the tops and love everything... probably wouldn't fit me? lol

Wow, I make my own cloths too! But I never even thought about shoes. What and awesome idea. I've seen so many shoes in thrift stores were I've liked the heel and not the color or style of the shoe, or theres a stain on it or something. I will have to try this out. You are awesome!

wooooow Nuri, I love the dark blue top best of all, but the ruffle shirts and the black pants are gorgeous as well... you're so talented!

I miss you on MUT!

I love this -- are there websites you used for refrence? or somewhere I can go to learn more about making my T-shirts into dif things?

You are very talented.. I love what you did with the shoes. They are gorgeous..

I also sew my own clothes... I really enjoy it and I can make them a perfect fit for me.. Tunics, tops, dresses and trousers.. My mum is a pro and she taught me everything.. She is teaching me how to do embroidery, sequin and beadwork which I am going to try applying to my outfits to glam them up.

I have not thought of reconstructing any but I will be trying this after seeing your pics..... Really liked them..
smile.gif

Thank you so much everyone, i am glad you guys like my re-constructions =)

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are very talented.. I love what you did with the shoes. They are gorgeous..
I also sew my own clothes... I really enjoy it and I can make them a perfect fit for me.. Tunics, tops, dresses and trousers.. My mum is a pro and she taught me everything.. She is teaching me how to do embroidery, sequin and beadwork which I am going to try applying to my outfits to glam them up.

I have not thought of reconstructing any but I will be trying this after seeing your pics..... Really liked them..
smile.gif

That is totally awesome, my mom taught me the basics of sewing when i was younger, but, i pretty much learned on my own, so i am self taught, i wish i knew how to do embroidery though. I love sewing, the possibilities are endless, and there is nothing like customizing, creating and reconstructing clothes for yourself, it's so much fun! Give re-construction a try, it is a lot of fun as well!

Originally Posted by ChokeNdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love this -- are there websites you used for refrence? or somewhere I can go to learn more about making my T-shirts into dif things? Thank you! yes there are endless resources out there that can give you endless inspiration and ideas on how to re-construct pretty much anything, i have found several websites that are absolutely amazing and full of so many neat ideas, here are some of the links/sites that i visit quite often that are a great source of inspiration for me, enjoy
smile.gif

CraftStylish - Sewing, Knitting, Crochet, Quilting, Paper Crafts, Embroidery, Jewelry Making and more

Sewing @ CraftGossip

SewArtsy

Pretty Ditty

luvinthemommyhood

Hot Diggity Blog !

Generation T

:: clevergirl.org ::

Cucumbersome

Check them out, if you like DIY, sewing, and you're looking for inspiration and how-to's, you will love these sites
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back