How Often Do You Exfoliate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do you exfoliate? Do you you do it enough? Should you do it more often? Do you over do it?and do you use which brand of cosmetics?
love5.gif

A couple times a week.. I read your not supposed to more than like 3 times a week.. And I use or abuse every makeup brand I can get my hands on.. At least once or twice..
smile.gif

And.. Welcome to MakeupTalk!

I exfoliate every other day. All I do is add a teaspoon of regular granulated sugar to my regular cleanser (Clean and Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin) and scrub gently. My skin is baby soft and smooth.

Only if you eat it a lot of it and in excessive amounts, which I do neither of...I do love my sweet tea though.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I exfoliate every other day. All I do is add a teaspoon of regular granulated sugar to my regular cleanser (Clean and Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin) and scrub gently. My skin is baby soft and smooth. Thank you for the tip!

Usually every week or so, but considering we're in summer here, i've increased to once a week, twice on certain areas if needed.

I have oily skin, so I only exfoliate once a week. For dry skins, you should exfoliate twice a week and always moisturise afterwards,even oily skins should moisturise. You shouldn't exfoliate oily skin too often because it spreads pimples. You just use it to get rid of dead skin.

Varies, but generally around 3 times a week.

I always gently exfoliate before shaving though

About 2 to 3 times a week. So far the only Exfoliater I've found that I like is the one made by Cosmedicen (or something like that) But I've only tried a few free samples that I LOVED of it...but its a little pricey and I was hoping to find something I liked better that was cheeper.

Originally Posted by caker /img/forum/go_quote.gif How often do you exfoliate? Do you you do it enough? Should you do it more often? Do you over do it?and do you use which brand of cosmetics?
love5.gif
I'm acne prone, so I only do it about once a week.. I have found that more effective than not doing it at all.. which my doctors tell me I shouldn't lol.

When ever I remember to do it (usually while I’m having a bath) so any where from once a day (I try to have a bath every day) to once a week my memory can be quite appalling at times

Latest posts

Back