Do You Make Your Husband Sandwiches?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Your both sitting down watching tv (or whatever you do on as leisure) and your husband asks if you can make him a sandwich, do you do it?

I can't find the source of the article but a recent poll stated that 42% said yes, 12% said maybe and 46% said no. Southern women were found to say yes more often than northern ones. Also, older women said yes more often than younger women.

So would you?

If I were married to my current boyfriend, I would. We have a very equal relationship and he treats me like a princess; I couldn't see myself not making one for him if he asked me nicely.
smile.gif

My wife tells me to get my own sandwich... I don't make her any either because she hates P and J!! Lol.

It would depend on why he couldn't get up and make his own.

If he was involved with watching a great hockey game or movie - I would

If he was just being lazy - probably not

It it was a simple sandwich then why not? Ill make one for myself too. My bf usually cooks for me because he is picky about food so he rather cook/make it himself.

i think in a good relationship there is some give and take, so sometimes if i were involved it would be nice to get a sandwich, in other times i might ask what she might like

Of course I'd make him a sandwich. It's a good way to show your affection and I agree with Darla that there's give and take
smile.gif

if I was up, or getting myself a sandwich, then sure! if i was really tired or upset or there was some good reason, then no, he could get his own sandwhich! LOL

I thought this thread was going to be about for lunches, you know? like every day for work, do you make him sandwiches. I think it depends how you have allotted chores. If you do the cooking, then making him lunch is not unfair.

I probably would, if he asked nicely LOL It all depends on the situation, when I have a boyfriend I generally spoil them rotten and love making them food, so I'd probably be fine about it. I tend to agree with Rosies list of reasons.

depends, if i was getting up anyway to get food sure, but if he was just being lazy and i was not getting anything to eat also than proboably not. (plus my boy would never ask me to make a sandwich, he knows i am a failure at any and all types of food preperation)

I saw a similar discussion regarding getting someone coffee or drinks somewhere else online and it blew my mind how many people said no. As an example, if a friend came over I would definitely offer then a drink or appetizers or whatever was appropriate at the time. Well if I would do that for my friend why would I not for the person I claim to love so much?

I have a wonderful husband who is my partner and not my boss. He works very hard to take care of me and our children so at the end of the day if I realize that he wants something, of course I will get it. He would get it for me if I asked. There are the rude people out there who order others around, but come on, maybe you shouldn't have married or be dating someone like that.

That's what got my attention about this poll. Who knew so much thought went into making a sandwich for your spouse lol?

For me it depends. If I'm already up then sure why not but if were both laying on the couch being lazy then he can get his own sandwich lol. It was different when he worked and I stayed at home. Like Aprill's husband, he worked about 12-16 hour days so I would gladly do it for him.

Yeah, I would and I do make my SO sandwiches or whatever when he's over. He does the same for me when I'm at his place. It's pretty balanced.

Yes. Most definately yes. I rarely ever have to ask for anything because my SO always offers to me so when they ask me to do anything for them I simply do it without complaining.

Back