Do you keep strong opinions to yourself?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this has just been on my mind...

when you have a strong opinion on something (whether it be on the forum or real life) do you let it all out or do you keep it to yourself to avoid a disagreement/argument?

cuz im quite an opinionated person, but when im here i tend to keep strong opinions to myself to avoid an argument or something.

what do you guys think about sharing opinions? do you think theres a time and a place?

definately
smile.gif
thats why we don't allow posts of political nature on the boards, because people get too het up about them and it can cause really big fights.

i have strong opinions like most people, and my degree, philosophy, is all about arguing and how to express your point of view RESPECTFULLY. everyone has opinions, but how you put them out there is what's important, if you go round stepping on people's toes and deliberately starting fights, well.. that's just trolling.

I have strong opinions on certain topics, but in general, I keep them to myself because they're personal. I don't believe in forcing my views on anyone else and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, either. But in general, I'm a curious person and I like hearing others opinions because I don't necessarily believe that everything I believe is right.

Varies with who and where.

I guess I tend to be somewhat argumentative (someone joked that he is never able to tell whether my opinion is really serious or I'm just playing devil's advocate for the hell of it), although I try to avoid it if it's someone I am friends with (unless I know it wouldn't result in any bitterness).

If it's someone I don't really like, I can be somewhat antagonistic, and I tend to be very sarcastic and facetious, but in a condescending way
ooops.gif

Depends on who I'm conversing with. But generally, I speak my mind.

I tend to do so on Mut lol

I do. I have a lot of opinions that I keep to myself mainly bc that's how I was brought up. My dad threw everything out in the open without shutting up sometimes and my mom was the peacekeeper. Once you get me started I don't stop but until then I'm the one who tries to look at it from both sides.

Basically I'm either very naive or very cynical depending on my mood.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif definately
smile.gif
thats why we don't allow posts of political nature on the boards, because people get too het up about them and it can cause really big fights. From what I remembered - it's allowed but heavily monitored... which is better then nothing.
I keep them to myself for the most part.

I tend to only be really opinionated when it comes to my actual work place because that deals with my money and I hate being f*cked around w/ my money.

Or anything that negatively affects me - otherwise I just shrug and move on.

I try to, but I'm not always successful. lol. Mostly concerning the issues that I'm the most passionate about (religion and occasionally politics). I'm getting better about the politics, though. lol.

Other than those two topics, I'm pretty good about picking my battles (knowing when to go for it and when to let something go).

My job has taught me to keep my opinions to myself for the most part. I'm very ipinionated but as I have learned, sometimes it is best to just scroll/walk away.

I have very strong opinions, but I am good at disagreeing without being disagreeable. I also value the fact that other people have strong opinions, that they care about that may be very different than my own, so I am respectful of their point of view whether I agree or not. If comments get nasty, I find consolation in silence, by not responding in a similiar tone. Fire needs water, not gasoline.

I have strong opinions about almost everything, online and in the real world and I usually never set on the sideline and let an opertunity pass to express them.. I've always been that way, and most of the time its served me well.. The management at work apears to respect my opinions because they invite me to tag along to meetings when they need to cut through the BS and find out what's really going on!

I usually keep my opinions to myself and I do have strong opinions lol... I often try to find ways to express my opinions without causing an arguement... try see it from their point of view before expressing mine... been told I could be lawyer.... I twist things around and find loopholes, I've always been good at shutting people down lol. I'd never be a lawyer though, I'm good, but I can't understand a word they say! Please, speak english.... for dummies!

I have strong opinions, and take things wholeheartedly, which is something you notice more in my daily life. But when i feel really concerned about something i burst out and i don't necessarily think before i act, which hasn't always served me well in the past. Nowadays i try to look at both sides and pick my battles, because i do respect others' opinions.

i definitely recommend that you try to keep strong opinions to yourself and just agree to disagree. sometimes one just can't win the discussion and it is not worth making an enemy of someone. an easy way to do this is to just say...i understand you exactly...

If i didnt keep some of my opinions to myself id be in jail for terrorism; the UK is a complete police state now with no free thinking!

Originally Posted by Ricciolina /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have strong opinions on certain topics, but in general, I keep them to myself because they're personal. I don't believe in forcing my views on anyone else and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, either. But in general, I'm a curious person and I like hearing others opinions because I don't necessarily believe that everything I believe is right. I totally agree!

I'm REAL opiniontated and LOVE to debate, and I would love to speak my mind on here, but for the most part you have to censor yourself with MUT rules.

IRL I speak my mind regardless...

Originally Posted by Ricciolina /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have strong opinions on certain topics, but in general, I keep them to myself because they're personal. I don't believe in forcing my views on anyone else and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, either. But in general, I'm a curious person and I like hearing others opinions because I don't necessarily believe that everything I believe is right. Exactly what I wanted to say
smile.gif

I have always been opinionated.

But I've learned not everything needs an opinionated answer. These days, the only response a hot button topic is going to get from me is a trite one word answer.

Back