LMAO!!!!! Fake MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
*More* fake MAC

Now, these people really need to be ashamed of themselves!!!!!!!
keule.gif
keule.gif

Question: When did MAC come out with "Slender Lash"?

Those are hilarious. And you can tell that on the Fafi ones, they just drew the design using markers. lol!

No, I actually stumbled across these while I was looking for a lustreglass.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Those are hilarious. And you can tell that on the Fafi ones, they just drew the design using markers. lol! LOL!!! My personal favorite is the first pic. Believe it or not they are supposed to be Studio Fix powders.

Dollar store bargain bin makeup looks way better than those. The picture of the LustreGlass pots is an eBay picture. So I checked and there is a seller with a few of them. She lists them as MAC, but in the description she explains they aren't. Also, I Googled lustreglass and found those same pots from a different seller (not eBay).

Wow those are really bad lol. I can't help but feel bad for the people that buy them!

Originally Posted by Cymbeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dollar store bargain bin makeup looks way better than those. The picture of the LustreGlass pots is an eBay picture. So I checked and there is a seller with a few of them. She lists them as MAC, but in the description she explains they aren't. Also, I Googled lustreglass and found those same pots from a different seller (not eBay). Where I got this pic from was a totally different source because I did not get the pic from ebay.

Originally Posted by xJula /img/forum/go_quote.gif How can you spot fake MAC if the packaging looks really convincing? This is kinda hard to answer... There are different forums out there that discuss how to spot fake MAC. Personally, I'm very familiar with MAC and the packaging as I've been an addict for about 8 years now, so I can spot a fake a mile away. Take for example the Fafi liquid foundation - I've never seen a collection where MAC changes the bottle of their foundation for a collection. I just knew right away that it was fake. I know how the lustreglasses are packaged and I know they don't come in little round bubbles, Lancome has a lip gloss that does. The studio fix powder is a dead giveaway because MAC's compacts do not come side-by-side like that and their puffs don't have a little strip across that says MAC. Just a bunch of little things, I guess.

Hello ladies, I just purchased a huge lot of high replicas from magenta-shores (Kimberly) in Ebay which she claimed countless times in her listing that her stocks are genuine and authentic. I've filed a dispute with Paypal hoping to get a refund. When I received them, I was fooled by the first sight and happily left her a positive feedback! Only found out later that the name stickers below the blusher's and eye shadow's pots are written in pale yellow color rather than silver.

Pls visit this website www dot specktra dot net/blogs/counterfeit-mac-packaging-comparison#comment-3341 (sorry I'm new so it doesn't allow me to post a link yet)

The counterfeits are getting better unless you do a comparison with an authentic one side by sides. Pictures of the fake lot will not be able to tell you that they are fake, they are just too close to the authentic ones! I'm so disappointed. I want to buy authentic MAC stuff and end up getting cheated
frown.gif
I'll try to take pictures of the fake lot in details and compare them to my authentic ones.

Originally Posted by super77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hello ladies, I just purchased a huge lot of high replicas from magenta-shores (Kimberly) in Ebay which she claimed countless times in her listing that her stocks are genuine and authentic. I've filed a dispute with Paypal hoping to get a refund. When I received them, I was fooled by the first sight and happily left her a positive feedback! Only found out later that the name stickers below the blusher's and eye shadow's pots are written in pale yellow color rather than silver.
Pls visit this website www dot specktra dot net/blogs/counterfeit-mac-packaging-comparison#comment-3341 (sorry I'm new so it doesn't allow me to post a link yet)

The counterfeits are getting better unless you do a comparison with an authentic one side by sides. Pictures of the fake lot will not be able to tell you that they are fake, they are just too close to the authentic ones! I'm so disappointed. I want to buy authentic MAC stuff and end up getting cheated
frown.gif
I'll try to take pictures of the fake lot in details and compare them to my authentic ones.

Can you post pics of the questionable MAC products here?

I will. I will try to take pictures of them this weekend but I will need to keep posting messages (until 10) before I could upload the pictures. If not, I'll upload them in makeupalley so that you can view the full resolution pictures there. The eye shadow pots look like the fake one addressed in the specktra website counterfeit MAC packaging comparison

Heartaches

There is this Chinese dollar store real close to me. They sell makeup that is identical packaging to the MAC stuff except there are no labels on their stuff. They have crudely attached labels applied and of course it all sells for 99 cents. Ok so not a ripoff, but i could see others buying this stuff and attempting to pass it off if they had the right labels

Back