Chapped Lips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have problems with my lips being chapped all the time, no matter what the weather is like. I can't seem to find a chapstick that help with the peeling and chapping of my lips. I have tried softlips, chapstick, and a couple other drugstore brands. If anyone has any suggestions of something else I can do or try that would be great!!

Thanks!

I use badger balm in ginger and lemongrass - my lips stay nice and soft and the scent is a talking point hehe - its all natural stuff too which is a bonus plus really cute tin hehe - either that or elizabeth arden 8hr works a treat when i've forgotten my balm and they get really bad - I have a nervous habit of chewing my lips so they get very bad if i don't have my badger balm
smile.gif

hope helped -

xxxc

Hi Mona! Satin Lips from Mary Kay is the only thing that has ever worked for me. It involves a two-step process which begins with exfoliating gently, and then finishing with the balm. You only need to exfoliate once every few days or so. The set is more expensive than drugstore brands (18.00) but it lasts a long time, and the best thing about it is that it works! You can find a consultant by going to the mary kay website and typing in your zipcode.

Hmm - this is a tough one. A lot of people swear by Aquaphor. Lately, I have been using the Trish McEvoy Luxe Moisture Balm which has helped quite a bit. However, in my case, I think it's a combination of drinking more water (no soda) and just keeping ls or lg on my lips throughout the day. HTH

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely look into all of them. I definitely need to do something, this makes it hard for me to wear lipsticks and glosses.

Are you drinking enough water? I know when my lips get dry it's because I'm dehydrated...

I was also going to suggest exfoliating every few days. I don't use anything fancy. I actually use a toothbrush and gently swipe over the lips for like 30 secs or so. I add lip blam afterwards. Makes lips so soft! I read this tip in a magazine once and it works really well

I saw a MUA on TV once mix sugar with a little lip balm and use that for exfoliating.

For badly chapped lips I always use Blistex Medex in the little blue jar.

I use Bobbi Browns lip balm as it's got caffein in it to help speed up the healing process.

These are all great ideas. I was also wondering the same thing, and I never knew that exfoliation for lips was good.

i love my smith's rosebud salve from sephora. it's very moisturizing for me.

or i'll moisturize my lips for a little bit, then start rubbing them with my fingers to exfoliate them.

and benefit has a lip exfoliating treatment that's part of their dr. feel good line.it has one tube of exfoliating beads/cream. and then another tube of balm.

I also use Blistex, just their regular Medicated Balm ... if I put enough on at night, I can even feel it still on my lips in the morning! Best lip balm I've tried!
smile.gif

PS: I also tried SoftLips and it did nothing for me, although the vanilla flavor sure tasted yummy!
wink.gif

I've heard a lot of things about Burt Bee's lip balm, it is supposed to be good. Anyone ever tried that?

Try finding a lipbalm that doesn't have petroleum in it.

Products with petroleum just 'sit' on the lips - so they don't sink in and help with dry lips.

Originally Posted by Trisha good tip, i do that sometimes! and muslin cloths are very good gentle exfoliators x i gently exfoliate my lips AM and PM when i use my muslin cloth for cleansing!

Fresh Sugar lip balm was voted the #1 lip balm by Allure magazine...anyone tried it? its real expensive..
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Definitely exfoliate. I also use Rosebud Salve and it works great. I love Smith's Rosebud but I also like Aquaphor for when my lips are super dry. I also use it on my hands when my cuticles are very dry and cracking.

Believe it or not, this comes from not drinking enough water. My niece was plagued with this until her pediatrician told my sister to make sure she gets enough water daily. It worked!

Back