Brush and Lash curler advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting a few samples from different companies and I really need some help with finding inexpensive brushes particularly for MMU foundation application. I was looking at Enkore's duo fiber kabuki, but was wondering if there is something I could get locally ie, drugstore. I have Sk's flat blusher and ELF's flat top also, but I was getting very uneven coverage. I also received ELF's kabuki but refused to use it because the bristles felt so rough on my hand!

I am also looking for the "perfect" e/s blending brush, because I am having some difficulty getting that super smooth blended look.

The last thing is a good eyelash curler. I have an old Revlon one and am tired of having them ripped out.

I am open to Studio Tools, Eco Tools, Essence of Beauty or even any online company that is under $25 with shipping, but less if I can help it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori

One brush i do not recommend is Bare Minerals' kabuki brush, hard and itchy bristles, i really didn't like applying my foundation with it. I have Makeup Forever's HD kabuki, i love it but it's not the cheapest.

Have you tried browsing this thread ? The official brushes thread.

Have you checked Coastal Scents ? Their brushes are pretty much inexpensive.

I'm sorry i'm not that helpful but i'm not living in the US so it's difficult to suggest DS brushes when we don't have the same stores available.

I can't suggest any eyelash curler, this tool always gives me the creeps.

That's hilarious that the curler creeps you out. What you don't like having your eyelashes ripped out?

I have checked out CS, but I am worried that shipping will just make it as expensive as other brands.

I tried the 'brushes thread", but it got confusing after a while...

But thanks for your reply!!!

Last time, I bought a Posh brush (the regular sized one). She says it works well, and the brush head looks so dense and well made (natural haired). The price wasn't too expensive i believe. Karen at makeupandbeautyblog, she's helpful at bargain prices just as much at higher priced goodies! both posts contain powder brushes!

1. Sonia Kashuk (natural haired $19.99): Makeup Brushes, Sonia Kashuk, 3 Makeup Brush Reviews: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

2. Eco tools (synthetic kabuki $10) The Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush Will Sneak Up on Ya: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Regarding eyelash curler, I've tried a drugstore one (forgot the name) and it was fine. Now that i've bought Shu uemura, I think it's great, but not awesome, as it did make my lashes looking so naturally curled up, but few of my lashes are acturally downsidely curled by this lash curler! It's too expensive and I expect better results for what I've paid!! So, it's really up to your preferences.. XD

I took the plunge and bought an Ecotools retractable kabuki and the 5-piece mini mineral set. I also bought the travel size eyelash curler from Sonia Kashuk because of a Youtube review and because it is plastic...I am hoping that it won't be as harsh as my old Revlon one. I am curious as to where to get the refill pads though. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the responses.

Back