Who will be this decades beauty icon?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't know if this is in the right place (feel free to move it mods)

Every decade seems to have it's own makeup style and beauty icons. People like Marilyn Monroe (50's), Twiggy (60's), Farah Fawcett (70's) like iconic styles that we still remember now. Who do you think will be this decades (2000-2010) beauty icon?

I think Gwen Stefani and Angelina Jolie (or Megan Fox) are up there on the list.

I do wonder. Maybe the test of time will tell when we look back. Who was the 90s? Supermodels?

I thought Gwen was more of a 90s icon. Megan Fox is pretty, but no icon. No one stands out to me too much right now.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do wonder. Maybe the test of time will tell when we look back. Who was the 90s? Supermodels? Yeah I think Supermodels were the icons in the 90's. People like Kate Moss imo.

cheryl cole!

a8bc6_cheryl+cole_855_19088786_0_0_13687_300.jpg

Haha I just googled 90s icons and yep, supermodels were it. I say Jolie for 00s.

Jolie is a possibility for sure. But what about the singers like Beyonce, Rihanna, J.Lo???? And what about Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen?? It's really hard to guess who's gonna take that spot, i think! lol

Icon is Angelina. An icon is timeless. Megan Fox can be the 2010's icon, but she still has to prove herself.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif No one. I think the time of icons is over with honestly. I agree with this, there's nobody who stands out enough for their style and image.the only iconic figure at the moment is Dita von Teese but she's just redoing an old iconic look, not really original at all.

Closest thing we have to a 00s icon is Angelina Jolie in that there is nobody else like her. But her style itself is not very iconic. She's an iconic person but not in terms of fashion/beauty. More in terms of the kind of person she is.

Victoria Beckham. Love, love, love this chick.
smile.gif
Awesome sense of style. She looks stunning no matter what!

I think all the magazines will say Scarlett Johanssen (or however you spell it), but TBH I can't think of anyone who would really be timeless and such...

there really isn't anyone for me personally

Halle Berry. At least for the 1990s into 2000s. The woman is aging beautifully.
halle_berrybaby2.jpg

Some more slept on beauties:

Kerry Washington

kerry-washington.jpg

Gabrielle Union

gabrielle-union-picture-1.jpg

Fergie of Black Eyed Peas (a lil biased with her, she voted my alma mater high school as the most fashionable on the west coast - and I'm from Seattle, ha!)

Fergie.jpg

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly no one...no one stands out...they are all cookie cutter. I agree.

Latest posts

Back