Is there any wording that really deters you from buying a product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Or maybe you just falt out don't buy?

I'm asking this because before I never bought any volumizing mascaras, because I felt they didn't thicken enough or lengthen. I know they are necessarily not for that purpose, but I felt like my lashes just did not look good. Then I went and got Maybelline Colossal Volume on an gut feeling I was getting. Now its my new fave!

The other products I will just not buy are anything that says lip plumping.Every single lip plumping product has grossed me out with it's smell so I stay away.

No. I am a beauty JUNKY...and I mean JUNKY! I have book shelves full of makeup, hair care and skin care products.

Plumping lip products. My lips are plenty plump, and even if they weren't, I wouldn't burn my lips to make them look plump for a few minutes. Icky.

"As Seen On TV"!!!

Or if the Sham-wow guy's face is on the package!!

hahaha

Moisturizing. I just know it will make me look greasy and break me out lol.

"New and Improved"

That phrase annoys the crap out of me. If it's new it implies there was nothing before it, if it's improved it implies that there was something before it to improve upon. So the sentence is basically a lie which means the product probably won't do what they tell you it does either.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif "New and Improved"That phrase annoys the crap out of me. If it's new it implies there was nothing before it, if it's improved it implies that there was something before it to improve upon. So the sentence is basically a lie which means the product probably won't do what they tell you it does either.

Lol. Guess they should label the not new and improved products as "Old and Unimproved"

Lol !

Volumising mascaras with too much adjectives, if it was really good, you wouldn't need as much, would you ?

The as seen on tv products too, because you never know if the product has been really tried and approved.

Plumping lip products, i might as well inject collagen in my lips.

Plumping - I have pretty full lips and for some reason when I think Plumbing, I think maybe the product won't last as long or look as nice as it would if it didn't have plumbing ingredients(?). Also, waterproof - tears the crap out of my lashes, too hard to remove.

Also anything that says for 'normal' skin. To me that means it has oil and fragrance - neither of which my face can handle so I look for sensitive skin and oil-free formulas.

Latest posts

Back