Clinique & Avon MMU

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am still on that elusive search for my perfect MMU and still working on being able to use EDM as I like the forumla just can't find my match so looking as well at other companies, UK based.

I have samples coming from Elemental Beauty and Earthnicity. Thought about trying Lily LoLo but also see Clinique and Avon do them.

Just wondering if anyone's used them and thier thoughts.

I used to love Clinique Superbalanced but for some reason their foundations are so orange/pink based. Are the minerals the same? I have to check them in store but they can be deceiving in their pots!

Also, Avon is a pain as I can't get to see the colours as the website doesn't show them well nor in any kind of shade order.

I love to be able to try samples so I can give something a good run.

I did try barefaced beauty but found their formula a bit thick and not as finely milled as BM and EDM.

TIA for any help!

I can't comment on Clinique's mineral foundation but I've used and liked several of their liquids in the past- before moving on to minerals. I can say that my sister sells Avon and always shares it with me. I'm not an Avon fan but like some of their things. The mineral foundation from Avon actually looks ok. It's loaded with lots of fillers and has parabens, but it covers and wears better than BE and some other mineral foundations that I've tried.

My favorite is Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me. If you like lighter coverage then you might like Youthful Glow. Try one of their free foundation kits.

Well, as I said, I too liked Clinique's foundations as in feel but the colour range was so poor. Too orange and pink toned. I am concerned that their minerals will be the same.

I have just sampled some Eternal beauty MMU but I have tried 3 colours so far, each darker than the first and can't tell a difference on my skin, plus the coverage is poor. Very grainy too, hard to get picked up on the brush. Also, it would appear it's drying my skin which I find bizarre!!

Avon I would try but it's hard to choose a colour from the website.

I have seen Earthen glow but as I am in UK am trying to get UK brands.

I actually tried Maybelline Liquid minerals recently and quite like that. Not as pure I know but great effect. Ours is different to the US's though I notice.

Might just have to revert back to BE and mix colours. It's the only one that seems to suit me cover wise.

If anyone tries Avon MMU will be interested in feedback!

If you like the EM Intensive I would say that The Pure Boutique is the closest I have found to EM. I got a match really easily and the owner is great to deal with. Its not as cheap as EM but you can order refill bags to save money and shipping. I got sick of EM constantly changing or discontinuing things with no notice and the colours are hard to pick out on the site.

My personal favorite MMU brand is Coastal Scents. They're a relatively small company, not well known. But their make up is AMAZING...by far the best mineral make up I've ever tried. The reason I'm suggesting them is because you can buy generous-sized samples of their foundations for $2 a pop so you can experiment with all the shades. And they ship to the UK!

www.coastalscents.com

Originally Posted by lalalalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif My personal favorite MMU brand is Coastal Scents. They're a relatively small company, not well known. But their make up is AMAZING...by far the best mineral make up I've ever tried. The reason I'm suggesting them is because you can buy generous-sized samples of their foundations for $2 a pop so you can experiment with all the shades. And they ship to the UK!
www.coastalscents.com

Ummm - they are very well known, actually (because of their cheap brushes) - and rather big too: wholesalers in the MMU world that provide stuff in bulk to retailers. Their products can be bought everywhere under different smaller brand names.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ummm - they are very well known, actually (because of their cheap brushes) - and rather big too: wholesalers in the MMU world that provide stuff in bulk to retailers. Their products can be bought everywhere under different smaller brand names. I say "not well known" because they are not nearly as popular as MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, etc. And since it's not sold in stores, people who don't shop online have never heard of them.
And they get most of their brushes from Crown Brushes, the same distributor for a lot of MMU companies.

I use Avons entire mineral line and am also a avon-mark rep. The colors on the website can be kind of tricky- if you are interested email me and I can help you pick out a shade. Also we have a 100% sat. guar. so if you don't like it just return it! I love their minerals- I won't wear anything but!

Back