HELP...Giant Pores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have had this big huge problem forever, the doctor said it's b/c of my allergies and now that I'm older it's worse because no matter how often I clean and exfoliate my pores are enormous and that is not appealing at all, so I really need to know what is the best product out there to clean and reduce the pores. I will appreciate the help

Mary Kay has a couple of products but it depnds on your skin type (normal, dry, etc.) on what i can recommend.

A friend of mine has suggested an Avon product. It's called Avon, True Pore-fection. When I used it, I felt the deep cleaning action. Though I am not sure whether this product can reduce open pores, but I assure you it can help minimize oilyness.

thanks a lot for the suggestions I'll have to check which one will work cause I live in a humid place so my face is very oily in the tzone which worsens the whole thing

I use the exfoliating lotion Clinique 4, and closes the pores a bit, and before makeup use the Instant Perfector Clinique too.

We are born with our pores a certain size and that's how they stay. So if you have large pores, they will stay that way. Nothing will shrink their size permanently. However if they are clogged that is a different story. You need to be exfoliating regularly. A cleanser with AHA's like glycolic acid would be good too. And regular facials will help. There is a facial technique using the galvanic mask. It is called a disincrustation facial. Basically the galvanic uses negative charges to pull all that nastinesss (is that a word?) out of your pores. Call around to different spas and ask. If you are concerned over prices call local ethetic schools. When I was in school we did facials for $25. And I think most schools teach that type of facial as a basic technique. Good luck!

there is so much you can do with products. you can't really shrink the pores with products. my advice would be just save up some money and go to the dermatologist. it can get a bit pricey, i know a friend whos spend thousands just because of some pores. but it's worth it.

I get major improvement of my crater pores with Queen Helen Mint Julep mask.

If you have oily skin, you are likely to have large pores; oily skin accumulates dirt and dead cells that clog pores.

Be careful with exfoliation as over doing it can cause more oil production.

I've read also that products with citrus extracts if very helpful with large pores, grapefruit especially.

I agree,, You have to exfoliate regularly to reduce the appearance of large pores..

My dermatologist's glycolic acid peel (which she applies on my face in her clinic; it's not something she lets me use at home), reduced my oiliness and thus made my giant pores look smaller.

But I think this has to be done regularly so the pores won't look like craters again.

Latest posts

Back