Kanye West Told to Leave VMAs After Upsetting Taylor Swift

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kanye West Told to Leave VMAs After Upsetting Taylor Swift

Monday, September 14, 2009
foxnews_story.gif

By Hollie McKay

AP

Sept. 13: Kanye West takes the microphone from Taylor Swift as she accepts the "Best Female Video" award during the MTV Video Music Awards.

Taylor Swift seemed pretty surprised herself to have won the VMA for Best Female Music Video on Sunday evening, but the real shock came when Kanye West suddenly burst onto the stage and rudely stole the microphone from the country crooner during her acceptance speech.

"Yo Taylor, I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but Beyoncé has one of the best videos of all time," West said. "One of the best videos of all time!"

A clearly embarrassed Swift stood motionless, not knowing what to do as West continued his rant. Eventually, audience members rose to their feet and booed the rapper down as cameras captured a mortified Beyonce . West took his seat (to make matters worse, time was up and Swift didn't even have a chance to fire back) and controversy continued to ensue as a multitude of celebs told him off, prompting security to circle the area.

Pop Tarts learned that Swift was comforted by her friends and family immediately afterwards and was upset by the whole incident. An inside source told Tarts that West was asked by a big-wig at MTV to immediately leave the show.

Diddy later took to the stage to present an award, but the second "Kanye" was uttered again the crowd booed and "Taylor" was chanted through Radio City Hall, the tension reaching a high point when West's nominated video was played.

Beyonce's hit "Single Ladies" eventually got all it deserved by taking on the big one - Video of the Year. The ever-classy Knowles dedicated her time to Swift and had the emotional teen idol return to the stage for the opportunity to give her acceptance without any interruption.

The controversy certainly stole the spotlight from what was anticipated to be the show highlight — Madonna opening for Janet Jackson and her tribute to brother Michael.

The Queen of Pop did let us in a little secret however, she did go on a few "dates" with the late King of Pop and that she felt an overwhelming sense of guilt that she had "abandoned" him after hearing of his sudden passing. But on a (kind of) positive note, her sons aged nine and four are now "obsessed" with MJ.

"There is a lot of crotch grabbing and moon walking going on in my house," Madonna said.

We then spotted Joe Jackson smiling through Janet's intense performance while Jermaine was straight-faced, absorbing the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What an idiotic thing to do! He needs to be excluded from stuff like this in the future.

I don't see why anyone's surprised...he does stuff like this all the time, but usually it's for his own music. He's obviously maturing.
smile.gif
Anyway, he shouldn't have even been there because he'd already stormed out of a previous VMA claiming that he'd "never come back again." I don't think Taylor Swift should've won a thing, but it's MTV...I certainly do not expect musical integrity when I tune in.

How rude...... I missed this... watching Green Bay kick Chicago's butt.....
smile.gif

Uhm....sad that you dont know a publicity stunt when ya see one...this is done every year just like Borat's ass landing in Eminem's mouth. There was only one unplanned incident. This was the usual to make the Beyonce stans oooh and ahh.

The only thing that I dont appreciate is the constant stream of people calling that man a n****r. That is wrong and childish and if you dont know PR stunts when you see them, then boo on you.

My first thought was of borat's ass in Eminems face lol. Made Taylor seem vulnerable and young (it's showbiz, you gotta have thick skin no matter what your age), Kanye was made out the obnoxious d*** that he always seems to be, and Beyonce was classy as always...

They have enough security to prevent stunts like these from happening in the first place and if you know Kanye is trying to get on stage when it's not his turn, something stupid is about to happen anyways.

I remember every year why I don't watch it lol.

Never had any love for Kanye, he should do his rants during his "moments". What goes around, comes around. Someone is going to rant or disrupt one of his performances, and no one will be surprised that he is not as classy as Taylor Swift about it.

whether planned or unplanned, publicity stunt or not, there's no excuse for rudeness IMO

The rudeness was planned...bottom line:

Quote:
I knew Kanye was phony balony when he rushed the stage and proclaimed Beyonce should’ve won without being nervous. That was the scripted Kanye we saw last night. The unscripted Kanye was the one we saw during the Katrina telethon when he said George Bush doesn’t care about Black people. But lets not digress.
Look the bottomline is everyone was in on it. Hell I’m beginning to even think Taylor Swift and Beyonce went along for the ride and had scripted out roles with Beyonce being the gracious sheroe and Smith being the poor victim we all rallied around. No matter the case, scripted or not it all seems to have worked out. Remember this is the same MTV who just a few months ago had us all looking on in shock as Eminem shed his bad boy image to go along with promotional stunt concocted by actor Sacha Barron Cohen dressed in character as Bruno. People were led to believe that Cohen ‘had an accident with his stunt cables and somehow landed in such a way that his ass and nutsack was in Em’s face as he attempted to untangle himself. An enraged Eminem stormed out the building only to have it later revealed it was a stunt he was in on and even rehearsed it.

The Phony, Corporate Sponsored Disruptions & Outbursts of Kanye West & Joe Wilson Davey D’s Hip Hop Corner-(The Blog)

Its All Stupid PLANNED oR uNPLANNED I dont care fOR Any of the 3 Supposedly in on the act !!! Never Have!! If it was PLANNED Yay for them for getting the attention they wanted! IF It wasnt Planned YAY For them Anyways For getting Sympathy Publicity Or Hate Publicity Either way They are still in the spot light

Well no one really watches MTV so they have to do stuff for publicity. Everyone watches to see if anything interesting might happen. I just saw the clip on youtube, i havent watched mtv in a while.

^^Oh man I caught that on youtube. I understood the message but way over the top in a ridiculous way.

Latest posts

Back